Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
SMA seeks an experienced physician to join its team of SNF physicians and NPs in our Skilled Nursing Facility program. A member of the Optum family (a subsidiary of UnitedHealth Group), SMA is a large integrated physician group that, along with Optum, provides its members with the continuum of health care services, including, but not limited to, primary care, specialty physicians, hospitalists, home health, palliative care and hospice.
- Direct clinical care of SNF patients (This position is 70 percent clinical and 30 percent administrative)
- Provide guidance and direction to SMA SNF physicians and NPs regarding all aspects of medical care and multilevel transitions of care
- Responsible for leading the team for optimizing quality of clinical care, managing utilization and interfacing with the other clinical programs offered by SMA and Optum
- Act as a liaison with the SNF facilities and develop relationships with the facility administration and staff
- Educate and interact with case management staff regarding proper utilization of the SNF network and transition of care
- Analyze utilization data to identify trends and opportunities for process improvement
- Align SNF initiatives to support overall regional and corporate goals
- Design and build innovative programs that maximizes recovery and prevents unnecessary re-hospitalization
- Establish professional relationship with network providers, SMA hospitalists, SMA primary care
- Ensure continued growth and expansion of SMA SNF program
- Participate in problem solving, improving interdepartmental communication and staff training
- Provide clinical and strategic leadership on national committees and task forces
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active unrestricted medical license
- Board Certification in FP or IM; geriatric qualifications
- 5+ years of clinical practice experience post residency
- Solid belief in EBM and familiarity with current medical issues and practices
- Data analysis and interpretation skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Understanding of managed care principles
- Supervisory skills, including clinical mentoring and coaching expertise
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Team player and strong teambuilding skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $210k to $325K. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.