Location: New York, New York
The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world's most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
Are you looking for your next career challenge? We are seeking an Associate Director - Intranet Strategy! We're looking for someone who is ready to join and grow an Employee Engagement function at one of the nation's leading cancer centers.
This role is a critical building block in our strategy to inform, inspire, and engage employees at every step of their MSK journey. The incumbent will work across departments to help strengthen our digital foundations for the future as they grow and position our intranet platform (OneMSK) to play a positive, productive role in the MSK employee experience.
Reporting to our Director of Marketing & Communication, Employee Engagement, you will:
- Provide functional oversight of OneMSK including strategic development / production, training, design, UX and analytics.
- Foster crossfunctional and interdisciplinary relationships, data and knowledge sharing, and build wide-ranging support for our engagement strategies, with a focus on continuous improvement of the digital employee experience for all MSK employees.
- Apply data-driven approaches for transformational communication to optimize/enhance workforce performance and productivity on OneMSK and Yammer.
- Utilize new and existing research to develop a set of employee personas, focusing on user behavior and user experience. Develop long- and short-term growth roadmap.
- Lead and manage the OneMSK team to produce, publish and measure the effectiveness of digital content that supports our engagement plans. Regularly moderate activity and provide periodic analytics, reports, and metrics.
- Assess and improve standard methodologies for using the platform and enforce site guidelines, architecture, and governance by engaging with community managers, content owners, and department leaders.
- Collaborate with Technology Division to resolve/prevent technological issues as well as plan for/integrate functional updates to SharePoint and Yammer.
- Partner with leaders and content owners to implement their communication strategies and build out their presence on OneMSK by providing architecture, design, implementation, and ongoing support.
- Oversee a support request system for community managers, responding to and / or assigning requests for new sites, pages, or support on existing sites and pages.
- Help connect the dots and see around corners on transformation initiatives-including upstream and downstream dependencies or impacts of communication and engagement efforts.
- Embed the MSK brand, vision, mission, and core values across our intranet platform and internal digital communication channels.
- 8+ years of experience applying a broad range of knowledge and experience to manage organization-wide transformation and multi-faceted work assignments.
- Expert-level skill in using SharePoint Online features and functions, including, but not limited to, site creation, content organization, tagging, and metadata.
- Strong enterprise software skills; proficiency in Office 365 (including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Stream, Yammer, and Teams) and other collaboration and project management tools.
- Expert-level/administration experience with Yammer and demonstrated understanding of social networking best practices.
- Knowledge of web design, web development and an understanding of online marketing.
- Outstanding writing, editing, presentation, and verbal communication skills, with the ability to synthesize sophisticated information into accessible and relatable terms.
- Ability to develop trusting, highly collaborative professional relationships with partners spanning many departments, including technology teams.
- Experience managing direct reports and leading cross-functional projects and workstreams.
- Enthusiasm for and dedication to MSK's mission.
*Please note flexibility to be remote or hybrid!
Pay Range $116,800.00-192,800.00
Please click to learn more about MSK's compensation philosophy.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.