Location: Valhalla, New York
The Director of Operations will be responsible for facilitating short and long term planning; program and project development and implementation for multiple Service Lines, clinical and non-clinical departments. Responsibilities will include the management of effective and efficient operations, targeted growth, patient experience and effective care delivery of services. The Director will assist with hospital and Network wide efficiency efforts, identify ares of opportunity, implement changes, and monitor results.
- Responsible for the operational oversight of both non-clinical departments and service lines, as well as collaborating on business development and strategic planning initiatives.
- Manages and oversees the implementation of policies and practices in order to be in compliance with applicable accreditation standards and regulatory requirements; and supports in the oversight and maintenance of accreditations and awards of excellence.
- Develops and builds relationships across various departments working with Leadership and service line stakeholders to develop long-range program goals for service lines and programs.
- Responsibilities include participation in the design of program goals, timelines and objectives; supervision of project operations; assisting in developing actionable metrics; supervision of objectives within respective departments; and direct project management of operational initiatives.
- Engages in recruitment and on-boarding efforts for physicians, clinical, and non-clinical staff.
- Responsible for maintaining an annual operating and collaborating with medical chairs and leadership in developing an annual capital budget for departmental needs.
- Authorizes purchases and the use of supplies and equipment in conformance with established contracts.
- Partners with service line leaders in the preparation, analysis and presentation of performance metrics, budgetary, and volume dashboards.
- Supports service line research infrastructure development and initiatives.
- Implements policies and practices for assigned areas to ensure compliance with Medical Center standards and external requirements.
- Promotes and provides quality customer service and proactively identifies and resolves customer issues.
- Monitors and evaluates quality improvement activities for assigned areas and collaborates with other departments for quality improvement initiative.
- Manages team performance, and analyzes performance against key performance indicators and metrics, fosters a collaborative environment to address performance deficiencies and provides coaching/mentoring to ensure the highest levels of individual and team performance.
- Analyzes and identifies opportunities to increase operational efficiencies.
- Undertakes special projects and assignments as directed.
- Develops operations strategy and oversees process improvement opportunities across respective departments that result in operational and patient satisfaction enhancements.
5 years in a supervisory or management level position in a hospital, performing similar duties and functions, which includes business management and responsibility for maintaining accreditation and regulatory standards. Demonstrates consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility.
Bachelor's Degree, required; Master's Degree Preferred
NorthEast Provider Solutions Inc.