Location: Valhalla, New York
The Practice Manager is responsible for leading and managing medical practice operations by maintaining office systems and supervising staff. The Practice Manager must maintain knowledge of organization policies, procedures and systems and utilizes skills in planning, organizing, delegating, and supervising. They must work effectively with physicians, staff, patients, public, and external agencies to maintain operational efficiency.
- Implements goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and systems for the medical practice.
- Develops standards and provides systems to monitor and evaluate physician office functions and assumes responsibility for designing methods to improve functions.
- Practices effective problem identification and resolution skills as a method of sound decision making.
- Understands and participates in the quality improvement process and develops a medical practice monitoring system to assure quality.
- Develops and implements efficient systems to enhance patient satisfaction and provider productivity.
- Determines and demonstrates effective communication methods and defines appropriate lines of authority for the medical office in keeping with administrative structure. Uses all methods of communication to disseminate information to staff in a timely manner.
- Develops plans to market the organization to new patient populations and/or demographic areas.
- Coordinate facility and equipment maintenance and other vendor services.
- Knowledge of legal issues in all aspects of operations to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies and rights of all customers.
- Develops and maintains systems to select and hire candidates to perform different roles in the medical office.
- Monitors performance regularly and conducts annual performance evaluations on all staff.
- Addresses performance and disciplinary issues if necessary.
- Develops and monitors standards to comply with safety, infection control and customer relations standards.
- Maintains a professional appearance and a clean, safe environment.
- Respects patients by recognizing their rights; maintaining confidentiality.
- Utilizes technology, including specialized software as applicable, to maximize productivity.
- Performs word processing; creates Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations; prepares reports.
- Develops and maintains electronic files as necessary.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects simultaneously; solicits, researches, and compiles supporting materials for projects; follows through on issues in a timely manner.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills; provides customer service; assists other support staff as necessary; collaborates with all levels of internal leadership, management, and staff as well as outside clients, vendors, and other external parties.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of 3 years' experience in an administrative role in a medical practice, 1 of which was in a supervisory role, required[KA1].
High school diploma or equivalent required. Four-year degree from an accredited institution preferred.
Licenses / Certifications:
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point).[KA1]Changed from 2 to 3 years, 1 of which was in a supervisory role, required
NorthEast Provider Solutions Inc.