Location: Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois
Provides PMO management and administration services to the Joint Commission Information Technology department and the organization overall as projects are delivered through the IT Project Portfolio. Works with the PMO manager and all IT PMO stakeholders on governance, visibility, process and tools used to support all PMO activities and IT projects. Manages IT projects as needed based on portfolio needs, while continuing to provide PMO administration support.
- PMO Methods- Part of the PMO team responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the best practice methodologies, processes and toolsets for high performance project and project portfolio management for applications and infrastructure projects.
- Portfolio Management- Ensures realistic resource allocations, rationalization of portfolio initiatives and identification of potential cross impacts based on resource collisions, milestone and date conflicts and key IT projects where resources may be double booked.
- PMO Continuous Improvement- Supports the IT leadership team to continuously improve enterprise project portfolio performance and risk reporting through coordination and facilitation of enterprise IT portfolio governance, project prioritization and resource planning.
- Provide Project Management training and best practice education over time to ensure all project managers and other IT/Business PMO stakeholders are effective in their roles across the IT project portfolio
- Responsible for monitoring monthly project budgets, resource allocations and identifying risks with IT leadership and PMO teams
- Work closely with PMO to ensure project methodology and processes are followed consistently across IT and business stakeholders as appropriate
- Responsible for vendor/contract management and procurement within the PMO for services, software and other IT needs
- PMO metrics- Work with the IT PMO and stakeholders to develop metrics and measures to show the value of the IT PMO over time. Define, develop and report against measures at the portfolio level
- Project Management- Provide PM services to the IT Project Portfolio when necessary.
- The level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of a Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems. Master's degree in Computer related discipline or Business preferred.
- Seven to ten years of IT project management experience in diverse industries and technologies leading the design, development and implementation of computer information systems in Microsoft environment.
- Three to five years of experience Agile and waterfall software product development in Microsoft environment.
- Three to five years of experience of leading distributed teams of Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Business Systems Analysts and Systems Development Analysts, internal and external - onsite and offshore.
- PMP or PMI-ACP Certification
SPECIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Outstanding communication skills in-order-to acquire necessary information, communicate ideas and provide consultation.
- Facilitation expertise running Project Portfolio Forum (could be virtual / collaboration) with business and IT leads for planning, executing, tracking, and reporting.
- Analytical ability to deal effectively with a wide range of problems.
- Managerial ability to organize activities for the support of multiple systems and large programmer groups and to interact with a wide range of other individuals both within and outside the company.
Note: Successful applicants for domestic positions that require travel to a customer site must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.