Location: Meridian, Idaho, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Meridian is seeking a Cash Management Specialist to join our Cash Management team.
Position SummaryUnder limited supervision, the Cash Management Specialist is associated with a transaction-intensive, centralized operation that is designed to serve as a resource for management in posting, processing, preparing, reviewing, and auditing patient accounts.Helps insure compliance with company policies and procedures as well as applicable state and federal regulations.
- Under limited supervision, performs professional level support activities in one or more functional areas of cash management. Uses established procedures to perform assigned tasks.
- Responsible for duties related to the processing of payments and adjustments in accordance with company, state, and federal policies, procedures and regulations.
- Conducts special research that are unique in nature related to patient accounts and other payments which may result in recalculation of pay history
- Responsible for proper documentation/authorization to support transactions.
- Assists in creation and validation of training tools which support the education of system users. Delivers appropriate level of instruction/training and/or assistance to system users.
- Analyzes patient accounts, identifies issues and errors. Conveys detailed information regarding insurance payments, discounts, adjustments and patient responsibility to patients and/or customers and assists in interpreting account statements.
- May serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Acts at technical expert level on one or more process flows.
- Accepts cash, check, and credit card payments in person from patients or patient representatives, or other appropriate personnel related to other payment/deposit activity.
- May act as backup to one or more processes outside of area of expertise.
- Analyzes and interprets company policies, procedures and state and federal regulations affecting the assigned functional area.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: 2 years of relevant related experience in the functional area or related experience.
- Licenses/Certifications: None
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.