DescriptionTake on a high-visibility role within a world-class health care leader. Help ensure the financial health of a dynamic, complex organization. Take your professional expertise to the next level. UCan do all this and more at UCLA Health.
As one of our Hospital System Finance Managers, reporting to the Hospital System Assistant Director of Budget & Finance, you are part of the team who manages the budgeting, financial planning and operational finance for a $3 billion annual operating budget that includes 3 hospitals and over 600 cost centers.You will become the trusted advisor to these cost centers as you:
* Develop annual cost center budgets * Review and analyze monthly budget variance and trends * Work with cost centers to identify opportunities for efficiencies * Identify opportunities to realign cost centers to budget * Collect and analyze data for resource, expenditure, capital, strategic planning requests, and present analysis * Maintain position control, review cost center labor metrics, and assist cost centers with maintaining resources within metrics * Help cost centers identify opportunities for efficiencies * Develop and deliver relevant training for cost centers * Prepare financial analyses for workload, revenue, recharges, expenses, FTE, salary and non-labor expense * Utilize project management skills to prioritize and implement system, tool, process and other initiative * Establish metrics and benchmarks to measure progress and success * Build relationships with cost centers and become their trusted financial advisor
Salary Range: $81,500 - 192,500/annually
QualificationsWe’re seeking a flexible and self-motivated professional with:
· Bachelor’s degree or Master's degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience
· A minimum of 8 to 10 years of financial management experience within an academic medical center, hospital system, or consulting/accounting firm specializing in Academic Medical Centers or Hospital Systems
· Advanced and in-depth understanding of financial elements of health care delivery
· Passion for process improvement, including project management skills, planning, setting priorities, systematic performance assessment, and implementation
· Advanced and proven problem solving and analytical skills.
· Ability to develop advanced data queries utilizing financial systems and reporting software
· Experience preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual budget, forecast, and long-range plans
· Ability to collaborate with operations on how to convert current activity into new technologies or more effective and efficient processes.
· Thorough knowledge of large-scale integrated client server/ERP/budgeting and planning systems such as EPSI, Kaufman Hall
· Exceptional communication, interpersonal, prioritizing, analytical and problem-solving skills
UCLA Health is a world-renowned health system with four award-winning hospitals and dozens of primary care practices, specialty practices, urgent care centers and other ancillary locations throughout metro Los Angeles as well as the David Geffen School of Medicine. Through the efforts of our outstanding people, we have become Los Angeles’ trusted provider of exceptional, compassionate patient care. If you’re looking to experience greater challenge and fulfillment in your career, UCan at UCLA Health.
At UCLA Health, you can help heal humankind, one patient at a time by improving health, alleviating suffering and delivering acts of kindness. As you do, you’ll achieve great things in your life and your career. We’re a world-class health organization with four hospitals consistently recognized among the nation’s very best as well as an internationally-renowned medical school, primary and specialty care clinics and much more. Within our dynamic, innovative and growing organization, you’ll find exceptional opportunities to make the most of your abilities in a supportive, empowering and inclusive environment. If you embrace our values of Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Teamwork, Excellence and Discovery we invite you to see all you can accomplish at UCLA Health.