OSTEOPATHIC RESIDENCY DIRECTOR POSITION FOR COASTAL NORTH CAROLINA
The Novant Health Residency in Family Medicine located in Wilmington, North Carolina is seeking an Osteopathic Residency Director to join our faculty. We are an ACGME accredited 6-6-6 community program with Osteopathic Recognition affiliated with the Department of Family Medicine at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. Qualified applicants should hold a DO degree and board certification in Family Medicine. Previous residency teaching and/or private practice experience preferred. Duties include teaching residents and students, patient care including hospital care (low risk obstetrics optional), administration, and research. The program provides care for a wide variety of historically vulnerable, marginalized and underserved populations, including those with opioid use disorder, HIV, as well as a growing LGBTQ+ population. Please visit our website at www.nhrmc.org/gme/family-medicine to learn more about our program and the area.
Academic rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience. Academic promotions are determined through the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Department of Family Medicine.
Being a Southern coastal town, Wilmington offers a variety of activities: historic downtown, Thalian Hall performing arts center, beaches and water activities, fishing nightlife, golf, tennis, great restaurants. Our community offers many family oriented events, festivals and activities. Additionally, area schools are identified as some of the top in the state while the local university provides further educational opportunities.
Novant Health offers:
- 2 year salary guarantee
- NH Medical Group employed
- Medical and Retirement Benefits
- Relocation Allowance
- CME Allowance
- System wide EHR-Epic
- Work-Life balance
Novant Health Medical Group
- Is one of the largest medical groups in the nation
- Offers resiliency training for physicians and team members to prevent burnout
- Is nationally recognized for advanced care and one of the largest community based, non-profit healthcare systems
- Is well known for being physician-led and physician-driven. For example, our physicians are in every area of leadership across the organization. That means every strategic discussion has physicians at the table, and every market partners a physician leader with an administrator. The result is a focus on the details that are important to physicians.
What does it mean to be a part of Novant Health?
- A commitment to patient centered care and our model of spending more time with each patient, and creating a seamless system of care for our patients are the foundations of our success
- Sharing a philosophy of putting high value on the patient experience
- Novant Health is an integrated network of physician clinics, outpatient facilities and hospitals that delivers a seamless and convenient healthcare experience to communities in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia.
- The Novant Health network consists of more than 1,800 physicians and over 35,000 employees who provide care at nearly 800 locations, including 15 hospitals and hundreds of outpatient facilities and physician clinics.
- In 2022, Novant Health was included on Forbes’ Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers and America’s Best-in-State Employers list. The Disability Equality Index also named Novant Health on its Best Places to Work list.
- In 2021, Novant Health reported $1.1 billion in total community benefit, including $192.7 million in financial assistance to members of the communities we serve.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
Join us, and let’s transform healthcare together.