Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN), located in eastern Pennsylvania, is seeking applicants for the position of Chief of Pulmonology in the Department of Medicine.
This is truly an extraordinary time to join the Lehigh Valley Health Network. LVHN is one of the nation's most advanced health networks, offering comprehensive care in 95 clinical specialties. We are the region's largest employer and the health care provider of choice for more people in the region. Love Where You Work! To learn more, please send your CV to Carissa.Abel@lvhn.org.
The Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care at LVHN has experienced significant growth and remarkable accomplishments during the last several years. The Division launched a formal fellowship program in both Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and initiated a network-wide Lung Health Initiative focusing on lung cancer screening and tobacco cessation. The division is also pioneering work in remote patient monitoring, group medical visits and discharge clinics aimed at improving the care of our COPD population. Our sleep medicine physicians are imbedded in our two American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) accredited Sleep Disorders Centers and supported by APC's. The Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care at LVHN has a multidisciplinary pulmonary hypertension program in with collaboration with Cardiology as well as a growing robotic bronchoscopy program with more than 100 cases to date.
- The Chief will have oversight of 28 pulmonologists and 15 advanced practice clinicians across the network.
- The Chief will work with the Chief of Critical Care, Dr. Jennifer Rovella, to maintain the highest in medical standards.
- The fellowship program has its own program director that reports to the Vice Chair of education for the Department of Medicine but will be working collaboratively with the Chief of Pulmonology and the Internal Medicine Residency program which has approximately 64 residents ranging in post graduate years.
- This position is a leadership role with clinical contact with an approximate 70/30 split of clinical to administrative.
- From a clinical standpoint, the position has flexibility on the particular specialty interests of the incoming Chief. Pulmonology, critical care, sleep medicine, interventional pulmonology are all options.
- Call Schedule will vary on the Chief's particular specialty skill set.
- The system does not have a lung transplant program. There is an affiliation agreement with University of Pennsylvania.
- Attractive work schedule
- Highly competitive compensation with a superb benefits package
- Low-cost health insurance for employees and their families
- Generous CME allowance and time
- Top-tier retirement programs
- Malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- Relocation assistance
- We also offer a signing bonus, retention bonus and a platform to develop and grow your professional career.
Influenza vaccination and COVID-19 Vaccination is required for all colleagues unless medically contraindicated or due to a bona fide religious belief or practice. Applicants possessing a medical marijuana card will not be considered for safety sensitive positions.