The Medical Program Director is accountable for delivering the KP Promise to every member, every time. "Quality you can trust; Convenient and easy to get care; Care with a personal touch; Affordable".
The Medical Program Director will provide the WPMG leadership direction, vision, and oversight to their specialty program collaboratively with their HP dyad partner, as applicable and the Mental Health and Wellness Medical Director for assigned area of clinical operations. The Medical Program Director is responsible for development, direction, communication and execution to operational standards/guidelines, patient flow, and quality for their clinical specialty.
The Medical Program Director will collaborate with their Health Plan partner and other stakeholders to ensure all regulatory and accreditation standards are met and exceeded in the execution of clinical specialty strategies.
The ideal candidate should have experience with psychological testing and mental health assessment, diagnosis, treatment for children and adolescents presenting with for broad range of mental health needs, including mood, anxiety, behavior disorders, and neurodevelopmental disorders of childhood. Responsibilities would include conducting psychological assessments (test administration & interpretation), as well as providing outpatient psychotherapy to individual child and adolescent patients and their families. The candidate should have skills in psychological testing, evidence-based interventions including CBT, ACT, DBT, behavioral therapies as well as parent management strategies. Experience in working with children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorders and substance use disorders is desirable.
The Medical Program Director job description may be revised over time based on operational needs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- In conjunction with multidisciplinary leadership, develop goals and objectives for clinical specialty.
- In conjunction with dyad partner, make recommendations regarding staffing levels necessary to fulfill clinical specialty goals and objectives
- Design and execute comprehensive implementation plans for program model that delivers sustainable and robust processes
- Promote efficiency of clinical specialty practices using process improvement technology.
- Work with business and innovation teams to develop new business models for delivery of specialty services.
- Ensures that program strategy is forward compatible with future growth needs and takes into account future hub planning, as needed.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures, provide clinical oversight, and provide overall direction of all programs associated with clinical specialty.
- In conjunction with multidisciplinary stakeholders, develop evidenced-based clinical practice guidelines to ensure the highest possible clinical outcomes, reduce clinical practice variation, and appropriate utilization of resources.
- Co-manage clinical specialty registries/populations as applicable.
- Ensure that patient care is provided in accordance with applicable law and accrediting agency standards to the fullest extent possible.
- Accountable for leading local and regional meetings. Attends departmental meetings monthly to ensure a two-way flow of communication, problem solving, and relationship building. Determine a rounding schedule with your manager.
- Meet regularly with your manager and their dyad partner to review clinic performance outcomes, issues and opportunities.
- Collaborate with primary care, continuum of care, and specialty departments to optimize around education. Ensure communication and establishment of clear handoffs and guidelines between teams to enhance the quality of care and experience provided to our patients.
- Establish clear protocols and guidelines for health plan clinic partners and lead through influence and effective communication.
- Ensure alignment of operations with specialty standards and develop additional standards or practice guidelines (i.e. visit length, referrals, staffing levels, workload, etc.) as needed to best support clinic operations workflows (including inbox management, case management and reading time).
- Responsible for developing exceptional service and ownership culture in all sites.
- Actively builds a culture of equity by understanding health disparities and creating system level interventions to address them.
- Provide leadership across multidisciplinary teams to ensure KPWA provides a seamless, integrated, high quality and high compassion experience for all members utilizing clinical specialty.
- Models inclusive leadership qualities including self-awareness, humility and curiosity.
Operational Excellence & Quality
- Participate in KPWA regional, KP National and Permanent Medical Group meetings related to clinical specialty and inter-regional work with other Permanente Medical Groups (PMGs) when possible and appropriate
- Meet regularly with your manager and their dyad partner to review clinic performance outcomes, issues and opportunities
- May participate in "program-specific" boards or committees
- Meet with Care Delivery personnel as required assuring that safe quality care is continuously provided to all patients receiving care through KPWA's clinical specialty.
- May partner and coordinate with hospitalists and regional hospitals within clinical specialty scope.
- Responsible for day-to-day business management of the program and participates in various meetings as needed to improve the performance of the program and improve practice efficiency, a focus on patient access, scheduling, and experience, as well as a focus on quality, safety, and managing clinical risk.
- Partners with Specialty Senior Medical Directors and District Medical Directors and leaders in Quality to ensure high quality of care, and links with them to design and strategically plan operational programs and initiatives to continuously improve our quality of care.
- Gives input on network design and repatriation of clinical specialty.
- Lead and participate in work groups, as directed by leadership, aimed at improving utilization, coordination, contracting or internalization of services.
- Define optimal practice environment (tools, processes, equipment, etc.) to promote highly efficient physician practices
- Partner with WPMG Business partner on business case development or improvement initiatives for leadership considerations.
| || || || || |