Administrative Secretary, Regulatory Compliance– AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: 7am-3:30pm Monday-Friday
Location: 9100 W. 74th street, Shawnee Mission, KS. 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
As the Administrative Secretary to the Safety Manager, your position will have a focus on the environment of care, compliance paperwork/documentation as well as fire safety related activities. The tasks surrounding this post requires attention to detail, record keeping abilities and organizational skills. You will work closely with several vendors and members of the facilities team to ensure that regulatory documentation is on time, and organized digitally, and in hard copy form. This position will report out during audits by Federal and State Authorities having Jurisdiction to prove good standing and code compliance.
This position will keep meeting minutes and will use Excel, Outlook, and other proprietary programs daily to track compliance data, documentation, and other compliance related activities.
The Administrative Secretary is responsible to provide clerical support and organization to the department. It requires the ability to handle secretarial duties of a complex nature. This position requires the ability to make independent judgments of an administrative nature at the discretion of or in the absence of Director. The ability to create, design, organize and maintain workable files and record-keeping systems is essential. The ability to interact with a wide variety of people, to set priorities, have flexibility in work patterns, discretion, initiative, and self-discipline are traits of prime importance.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Utilizes excellent interpersonal skills to deal with challenging situations while maintaining strong supportive relationships. Readily available for questions; handles requests in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Communicates effectively, both written and verbally.
- Demonstrates a proactive attitude and seeks to remedy situations before mistakes are made or corrects errors when found; takes responsibility for the overall “quality image” of the department.
- Assists in efforts to improve and streamline the process and workflow of the department.
- When requested, is willing to adjust personal schedule in order to complete workload when necessary
- Acts as personal secretary, handling all correspondence, appointments and other duties relating to this position for the Department Administrative Director
- Updates, prepares and prints all annual performance evaluations and distributes documents to associates. Keeps track of all forms to ensure they are returned on a timely basis.
- Assists with payroll maintenance..
- Provides documents that are attractively formatted and without typographical/grammatical errors.
- Meets deadlines for routine and special projects for the department
- Maintains confidentiality of director’s files, personnel records, quality and risk management records (including peer review documents) and medical records according to policy.
- Resource for the department related to clerical functions: typing, filing, coordinating meetings including room set-up, catering, agendas, minutes, simple data tabulation, and assistance in preparing presentations, etc.