The Orlando Health Medical Group (OHMG) is seeking a full-time board certified OBGYN physician to lead a large and growing OBGYN Hospitalist group within a reputable, thriving, and growing healthcare system. The OHMG OBGYN Hospitalist team are board certified OBGYN physicians that provide emergency and as needed comprehensive obstetric and gynecologic care for diverse members of our central Florida community. The well-established and growing OBGYN Hospitalist group support private physicians as needed at Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies and our associated community South Lake Hospital. The Orlando Health network has multiple OBGYN subspeciality services to support our hospitalist group, including Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Urogynecology, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Pediatric Adolescent Gynecology, and Gynecologic Oncology. Orlando Health provides robust operational infrastructure in a diverse and collaborative environment.
Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies:
- Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies has one of the most experienced labor and delivery units in the nation, delivering over 14, 000 babies every year.
- Our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is the fourth largest in the United States.
- We are a Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Hospital for the State of Florida, whereby high-risk obstetrical patients and their infants are referred to our specialists.
- Through every stage of life, from childbearing years and beyond, our services focus on the individual healthcare needs of women and babies in a warm and caring, family-centered environment.
- No state income tax!
- Greater Orlando offers direct access to Florida’s world-famous theme parks and attractions.
- Our lifestyle options have something for everyone, from the downtown districts for those enjoying a trendy urban flair, to family-oriented communities with top-rated public and private schools.
- We have ample outdoor activities including large public parks for your kids and pets, hiking and biking trails, abundant lake access for kayaking, fishing, and paddle boarding, with Florida’s beautiful beaches only an hour away.
Medical Director Responsibilities:
- Flexible monthly schedule of 11 clinical twelve-hour shifts, with ability to pick up additional shifts
- Lead a team providing clinical coverage 24/7 – including Labor and Delivery, Postpartum, Gynecology, Obstetrical Emergency Department
- Drive quality, safety and service within the Hospitalist Division while working collaboratively with other leaders and team members within the Women’s Service Line of the Orlando Health Medical Group, Winnie Palmer, and South Lake Hospitals.
- Dedicated administrative time with supplemental pay.
- Work collaboratively with Advanced Practice Providers (Certified Nurse Midwives, Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners).
- Collaborate with MFM physicians and other OBGYN subspecialists to ensure a comprehensive care model for patients.
- Excellent competitive compensation package
- Full benefits that include health/vision/dental insurance along with full malpractice coverage, disability coverage, deferred compensation, and retirement savings options
- CME Allowance
- Paid NICA / DEA / License State of Florida
- Incentive bonus eligible
- Generous Sign-On Bonus
- MD/DO degree
- Board Certified by American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Must have 3-5 years of practice experience, prior hospitalist experience or completion of an OBGYN Hospitalist Fellowship program
- Prior Physician leadership experience and/or participation on hospital or medical group committees and/or leadership role desired in national organization
- Ideal candidates will have experience leading people, possess strong interpersonal and operational skills, and thrive in busy clinical environments
- A successful applicant is one who is organized, responsive, collaborative, open to new ideas and change, able to problem solve and manage conflict, and enthusiastic about leading in team oriented, performance driven groups.
Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies has provided dedicated programs and services focused on the unique needs of women and newborns since opening on the downtown Orlando campus in 2006.
Our expert team of leading physicians, surgeons and specialists provides specialized care that covers all facets of women’s health, from comprehensive gynecological services and minimally invasive surgeries to general obstetrics and high-risk pregnancies and births. The hospital’s 350 beds include 142 neonatal intensive care beds, making it one of the largest neonatal intensive care units in the United States. Orlando Health Winnie Palmer also is one of the largest and most experienced labor and delivery units in the nation, delivering 12,000-15,000 babies every year. As a Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Hospital for the state of Florida, high-risk obstetrical patients and their infants are referred to our specialists. A two-story sky bridge connects us to Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children, allowing for easy patient transport and efficient sharing of physician and diagnostic resources.
Among the hospital’s numerous quality and safety recognitions, some of the most recent include:
- Fortune/IBM Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals® list, 2021
- Best Children’s Hospital (Neonatology) – U.S. News & World Report, 2022-23
- Best Hospitals in America – The Leapfrog Group/Money, 2022
- Top Teaching Hospital – The Leapfrog Group, 2022
- LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality Top Performer – Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Healthcare Equality Index (HEI), 2022
- Magnet Recognized – American Nurses Credentialing Center
- National Quality Approval – Joint Commission
For more information, please contact: Physicianrecruitment@orlandohealth.com