The Advanced Heart Failure Division of Cardiovascular Medicine at Dignity Health Arizona East Valley is seeking a BC/BE Invasive Non-Interventional Heart Failure Physician. Ideally, candidates should have clinical expertise and focus on developing a highly respected Advanced Heart Failure program in the East Valley of the Phoenix Arizona metropolitan area at Chandler Regional Medical Center. This is an exceptional opportunity to develop a new and collaborative program in conjunction with Dignity Health Medical Group Cardiologists, Cardiovascular Co-Management team of staff cardiologists and CV Surgeons, CV Research Division, East Valley Graduate Medical Education Programs, and participate in the National CommonSpirit Health Advanced Heart Failure Clinical Standards Committee. The selected candidate will contribute to the continued growth and development of our Heart Failure program, including establishing a Cardiac Critical Care Unit, managing the Mechanical Circulatory Support program, including IMPELLA and ECMO, and collaborating on the AZ Divisional Heart Failure initiative.
The ideal candidate:
- Has excellent clinical and leadership skills;
- Will collaborate with leadership to design, develop, implement and execute roll out of the service line;
- Is entrepreneurial in spirit. Will direct and supervise the development, implementation, and monitoring of policies, programs, procedures and budgets for all aspects of clinical care, medical education and research for the service line;
- Is dedicated to delivering high quality, compassionate care and access to the patients of the East Valley;
- Is a member of good standing of the medical staff of the hospital;
- Is duty licensed to practice medicine in the state of Arizona;
- Is board certified or board eligible in their specialty;
- Demonstrates a work history of positive collegial relations with colleagues, support staff, hospital-based providers, administrators and patients;
- Demonstrates advanced competency in their specialty.
- MD or DO Degree
- Cardiology Board Certified/Board Eligible
- Completed Advanced Heart Failure Fellowship and Board Certified/Board Eligible
- Experience with mechanical circulatory support devices and ECMO desired
- Ability to achieve full and unrestricted hospital privileges at Dignity Health Arizona hospitals
- Must obtain Arizona State medical licensure prior to starting in the position
What we offer:
- The opportunity to develop the service line
- Competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package
- Additional fully-funded Pension in addition to 403(b) Savings Plan
- Relocation Assistance
- Large primary care referral base and growing cardiovascular surgery program
Dignity Health Medical Group:
Dignity Health Medical Group comprises more than 200 physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and certified nurse midwives, as well as over 500 support staff who cover a wide variety of specialties. With 30 practice sites and four hospitals interspersed throughout the valley, we are able to provide more than 20 subspecialty services to the Phoenix metropolitan area. The Cardiology Division of DHMG includes Womens Heart Health, Advanced Interventional Cardiology, Structural Heart, Electrophysiology and Cardiovascular Research.
What Phoenix Offers:
Known for its year-round sun and warm temperatures, it anchors a sprawling, multi-city metropolitan area known as the Valley of the Sun. It's known for high-end spa resorts, Jack Nicklaus-designed golf courses and vibrant nightclubs. Home to the Arizona Diamondbacks (MLB), Arizona Cardinals (NFL), Phoenix Suns (NBA) and Phoenix Coyotes (NHL). Within close proximity of popular attractions such as Sedona, Grand Canyon and Flagstaff (skiing). Other highlights include hiking trails, botanical gardens, rock climbing, kayaking and more.