Job ID: 21-21413 Type: Regular Full-Time System Office 1919 Building
***Hire On Bonus provided for this position***
Everything we do at Legacy fulfills one mission: to make life better for others. No matter their area of expertise, our professionals strive to create an environment that is supportive, dynamic and compassionate. Legacy Health seeks a Director of Digital and Creative who will direct all aspects of the department's digital, creative, and production functions in alignment with the mission, values, and objectives of the department and organization, and to further the strategic goals of the Legacy Health organization and the strategic goals of the department.They will engage within the division management team as part of the leadership, sharing issues or concerns, identifying, and implementing solutions, and supporting our teams and our colleagues.
If you excel at providing strategic insight and leadership in digital, creative, and production functions, enjoy collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders, and want to use your talents to make a difference in the lives of our patients and the community we serve, we invite you to consider this opportunity. We strive to be a diverse, culturally responsive organization, and encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and inclusion to apply.
Legacy Health, the largest nonprofit, community-owned health system serving the Portland-Vancouver area and the mid-Willamette Valley, seeks to improve our community by helping people live healthier and better lives. To support good health, Legacy provides a range of services: Legacy Health has six hospitals with dedicated children’s care at Randall Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel, more than 70 primary care, specialty and urgent care clinics, nearly 3,000 doctors and providers, over 13,000 employees, and lab, research and hospice. Legacy also has major partnerships including PacificSource Health Plans and the Unity Center for Behavioral Health, a one-of-a-kind center for people facing a mental health crisis, operated as a community collaboration between four regional health systems and numerous community partners.
1. Manages writers, designers, digital and social media specialists, and creative/production manager in Marketing and Communications division. Responsible for performance reviews for staff.
2. Directs processes and procedures for access and use of digital and creative services, including project scheduling /tracking, assignments, production and timeline coordination, and vendor coordination.
3. Manages operational workflows, in-house staff, agencies and vendors, and balances organizational needs with available resources, negotiating with internal and external stakeholders as necessary.
4. Establishes and oversees operational tracking and reporting of success metrics.
5. Directs planning and agency support for digital marketing channels, including website, mobile apps, social media, etc. In collaboration with division leadership, develops project roadmaps. Manages to roadmaps while accounting for unplanned work.
6. Ensures organizational compliance with Legacy’s content, brand, and health literacy standards.
7. Develops and provides guidance to staff and sets/demonstrates exceptional service and creative execution standards for department.
8. Provides project management for both internal and/or external system projects.
9. Monitors and tracks all marketing expenses and contracts for the marketing and communications division.
Bachelors Degree in marketing/communications or related field, or equivalent experience required.
Requires ten years of related experience; healthcare industry preferred. Three to five years supervisory and budget management experience required. Advertising or inhouse agency or marketing/communication experience required. Understanding of digital, collateral, advertising production process required. Understanding of digital marketing channel management required.
Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to effectively facilitate discussion and gain support from peers, senior managers and executives.
Experience with digital marketing, websites and tools, and social media.
Innovative and forward-thinking; willing to take risks.
Creative management including design and multi-media.
Detail oriented, organized and ability to manage using data.
Ability to manage details while considering alternate perspectives and how they fit into the bigger picture.
Strong decision-making skills; decisive.
Strong listening and interpersonal skills that foster effective working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Computer proficient with spreadsheets, word processing and project management software applications.
Demonstrated skills in project management and ability to prioritize, adjust and utilize time, staff and budget resources effectively.
LEADING AT LEGACY
Demonstrates the ability to act consistently with Legacy’s Values in Action, exemplifies our core organizational values, and exhibits the leadership competencies outlined in Leading at Legacy.