Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth University Orlando FL
AdventHealth University, a Seventh-day Adventist institution, specializes in the education of professionals in healthcare.
The University seeks to develop leaders who will practice healthcare as a ministry.
At AdventHealth University (AHU), our primary customers are students, faculty, and staff. Our partners are physicians, allied health clinicians and other employees of AdventHealth.
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates behaviors at AdventHealth University in harmony with AHU’s “Four Words” of Nurture, Excellence, Spirituality, and Stewardship as well as AdventHealth’s Performance Standards of “Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own It.”
· Manages calendar for Leader(s), scheduling meetings and appointments, and coordinates travel arrangements including lodging, air/land, transportation, event registration, etc.
· Answers/screens incoming calls, taking messages and routing calls as appropriate. Retrieves voice messages as requested. Greets and assists visitors. Professionally represents Leader(s) and Advent Health in all communications and as requested at meetings, events, etc. Communicates effectively and appropriately based on visitor needs and age level.
· Provides administrative and secretarial support including opening and disbursing Leader’s incoming/outgoing mail; completing correspondence duties including composing and editing letters, memos and other correspondence; preparing expense reports, PAVs, and supply orders; preparing and updating presentations, spreadsheets, etc.; maintaining files and records, equipment, etc.
· Schedules and organizes meetings and events, both on- and off-site; orders provisions as appropriate, prepares agendas and takes/transcribes meeting minutes, distributing as appropriate.
· May assist with budget tracking, contracts, etc.
· May serve as committee member and/or lead/supervise various work teams including other administrative staff.
· May maintain division/department policies/procedures, contracts, etc.
· Will support Leader(s) administratively with special requests including research, projects, and other miscellaneous duties
What You Will Need:
Must be able to follow, read and write recipes as needed
Two to four years minimum experience as an administrative or executive assistant, secretary, or other higher level administrative/office support role
Associate’s degree in secretarial sciences or business, and two years executive office/secretarial work experience
Event planning/coordination experience
Certified Administrative Professional (CAP)
Position level is based on reporting structure (see “Reports To” above, referenced below as “Leader”).
Supports Leader(s) as direct executive assistant, with responsibilities including calendaring, travel arrangements, correspondence, and other administrative functions. Will professionally represent Leader as requested and in all associated responsibilities. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.