For more than a century, Norton Healthcare has been guided by its mission to provide quality health care to all those it serves, in a manner that responds to the needs of the community and honors its faith heritage. Today, Norton Healthcare is a leader in serving adult and pediatric patients from throughout Louisville, Southern Indiana, the commonwealth of Kentucky and beyond. The hospital and health care system is Louisville’s fourth largest employer, providing care at more than 250 locations in Kentucky and Southern Indiana. The not for- profit system includes five Louisville hospitals with 1,837 licensed beds; seven outpatient centers; 15 Norton Immediate Care Centers; more than 1,500 employed medical providers; and approximately 2,000 total physicians on its medical staff. Hospitals provide inpatient and outpatient general care as well as specialty care including heart, neuroscience, cancer, orthopedic, women’s and pediatric services.
• Not-for-profit health care system
• Leap Frog A – four consecutive quarters
• Approximately 850 clinical research studies
• Top tier among Healthiest Employers of Greater Louisville (2013 to 2019)
• All hospitals and Norton Cancer Institute earned LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leader designation (2018 and 2019)