Supply Chain Manager: AdventHealth Ambulatory West Florida
Location Address: Tampa, FL
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Ambulatory West Florida
Rollover PDO with service year increases in accrual
Comprehensive benefits package; including tuition reimbursement and matching 403b plan
Patient facing positions receiving company paid initial sets of scrubs
Company Discount programs
You Will Be Responsible For:
Has overall responsibility for supplies and materials in assigned specialty department or procedure area.
• Builds and maintains relationships with clinical and non-clinical customers in assigned specialty area to ensure needs are being met, understand when product changes are needed, and obtain updates on new procedures or physician changes.
• Establishes and maintains PAR levels for items stocked in the specialty area, rotating stock so that first in is also first out, ensuring proper shelf labels are in place, and removing any expired goods.
• Coordinates or participates on VAT Committee.
• Actively participates in performance improvement activities, value analysis projects, and supply chain cost reduction initiatives related to assigned specialty department.
• Initiates supply return requests and ensures items are ready for pickup and return.
• Manages product recall activities for assigned specialty area, ensuring affected products are pulled from use and packaged for return, completing required functions in the recall process.
• Ensures that staff is aware of new items or product changes, substitutions, back orders and out of stock supplies as well as changes to storage locations.
• Meets with suppliers to resolve issues, source products and equipment, and set up training needed to support staff.
• Coordinates product trial and evaluations in conjunction with Supply Chain Director, Clinical Resource Manager and/or corporate
• Performs other related duties as requested by authorized personnel
What You Will Need:
• Bachelor’s Degree OR 5+ years of related experience
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Understanding of clinical procedure processes.
This position will have responsibility for managing and maintaining supply stock in a specialty department or procedure area and building relationships with staff members in the department. The Specialty Supply Chain Coordinator will be responsible for supplier relationships, requisitioning supplies, equipment, and services, and processing bill-only and consignment requisitions. This position will be responsible for managing inventory levels, ensuring new products are properly reviewed prior to purchasing, keeping supply areas clean and neat, managing consignments and expiring goods, processing returns, updating shelf labels, and completing all computer software functions necessary to ensure that the appropriate supplies and equipment are available and accurate transactions are recorded.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.