Don't just manage a team- build one. Thanks to our flexible network, Banner Health leaders can access the staff and resources they need to bring their vision to life. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Health.
Join Banner Health's Cybersecurity team and put your program delivery management skills to work supporting the Banner Mission of making healthcare easier so life can better. Banner Health IT is seeking a detail-oriented leader who has experience managing a large Cybersecurity Portfolio of projects. As Director of Cybersecurity Strategic Delivery, you will play a crucial role directing the implementation of cybersecurity's most important initiatives. This role is accountable to oversee the delivery of key department projects, including the oversight of the Cybersecurity project portfolio, the collection and refinement of Board of Directors materials, and managing third party delivery of the NIST CSF Maturity assessment engagement.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Strategic Delivery, your duties include, but aren't limited to, directing the delivery of the weekly Cybersecurity Project Update meeting by supporting program and project managers within the portfolio while supporting program leads by serving as a point of consultation - and escalation if necessary - with concerns in the portfolio related to Scope, Schedule, and Budget of projects in flight. Serve as a senior stakeholder manager with the Cybersecurity department leadership while directing and overseeing processes and improvement for various components of the maturing program, including ensuring that initiatives are supported by high quality project artifacts and that project management best practices are employed. Furthermore perform a liaison with the enterprise Strategy team by acting as the Cybersecurity first point of contact in Mergers, Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures; provide direction to our team on developing integration project plans and ensuring that key decisions are managed on behalf of Cybersecurity
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is the managerial professional who participates in the development of the direction and objectives for the Cybersecurity organizations strategic and operational delivery functions. Evaluates, translates and leads delivery of goals and objectives by coordinating and leading efforts. Establishes and maintains relationships with internal and external partners to drive results. Participates in the management of financial plans, budgets, performance, and other operational activities for Banner Health's Cybersecurity Organization. The IT Cybersecurity Stgy Dir is expected to work with management across diverse areas and multiple states to effectively and efficiently operate the Cybersecurity Department and partner with other parts of Banner's organization.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Create and drive delivery of cybersecurity objectives and strategies. Ensure Cybersecurity initiatives, policies, procedures, purpose, scope, and directives are represented across the company and in day to day activities and responsibilities.
2. Ensure appropriate resource skill and knowledge is implemented and maintained. Leads the organization and manages and mentors cybersecurity team members. Monitors development plans and guide staff on growth path.
3. Ensure clear communication practices and thorough requirements understanding is achieved. Address potential obstacles proactively to ensure delivery objectives are met. Creates and communicates metrics and reporting to the Chief Information Security Officer and Executive Management Team. Produce Cybersecurity information, dashboards and reporting up to and including board level reporting.
4. Ensure the services, processes and technologies are in place for the cybersecurity team to deliver our customers' needs and ensure team and business satisfaction through quality delivery and support.
5. Create and manage metrics and measures specific to the department objective to ensure goals are being met and staff is adequately performing their job functions.
6. Oversee internal and external audit programs and results for IT. Partner with audit teams and IT partners to manage audit delivery, findings, and remediation. Ensure proactive actions and practices are conducted in preparing IT partners for audit readiness.
7. Coordinate and manage cybersecurity program delivery, tracking, and reporting. Coordinate delivery and management of the cybersecurity strategy partnering across the organization. Report and communicate progress against long-term strategy, ensure delivery is managed, and proactively identify and complex resolve issues.
8. This position has departmental wide responsibility for a wide range of deliverables and projects supporting the Cybersecurity and IT organization. Work is performed in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. The team member has decision-making authority and works at peer level and with management across diverse areas. The team member participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, strategic and planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide. Maintains and applies a broad knowledge of company policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must demonstrate strong management knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in related field plus, progressive experience in a healthcare environment, or equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and healthcare experience typically achieved over ten plus years.
Must demonstrate superb knowledge in information technology. Needs considerable proven information technology leadership experience to lead large scale project planning, reporting, cybersecurity strategy, and audit coordination. Successful candidate will have skills and experience to recruit, mentor, motivate, evaluate, and retain an effective staff. Requires exceptional communication, presentation, and negotiation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires leadership skills with ability to lead, communicate, and interact across facilities and at various levels.
Successful candidate will require knowledge and proven abilities with the Microsoft Suite of tools as well as technical applications, data management, data mining, and databases.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Advanced degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, or a related field. Industry certifications: CISA, ISACA, CISM, CISSP, PMP, CRISC, etc.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.