A network with resources for leaders with vision. Our leaders are at the front of the health care transformation, planning the future of Banner Health. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
In the highly visible role of Chief Network Development Officer you will have the opportunity to transform healthcare in all market segments with the largest delivery system in Arizona. We have built the foundation for success, scaled our business to be very market relevant, and are in search of a collaborative, strategic, visionary leader to refine it and take it to the next level. You will be an experienced leader with a proven track record in execution and influence at the highest level, as we are transforming as an organization in innovation.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity is also eligible for our Management Incentive Program, as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Health Network (BHN) is an accountable care organization that joins Arizona's largest health care provider, Banner Health, and an extensive network of primary care and specialty physicians to provide the most comprehensive healthcare solutions for Maricopa County and parts of Pinal County. Through BHN, known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, insurance plans and physicians are coming together to work collaboratively to keep members in optimal health, while reducing costs.
This position has Insurance Division financial and strategic accountability, including continually optimizing the design and implementation of the Insurance Division's multiple provider networks for all Insurance Division lines of business and all Accountable Care Organizations/Clinically Integrated Networks. This position collaborates with Executive sponsors to determine overarching network strategy approaches to ensure our network is competitive measured by total costs of care performance and provider participation This position directs teams members who implement multi-tiered network design and promotion approaches; recruitment and retention of high-value providers; provider network analytic approaches; and alternative payment/value-based payment model design..
1. Develops and oversees a high performing team which have deep knowledge of provider network design and competition, as well as ensures adherence to regulatory and compliance requirements for AHCCCS, CMS, AZ Dept of Insurance and payer delegated duties to Banner Health.
2. Collaborates with Insurance Division Executive leadership team to develop the over-arching network strategy for the Insurance Division as well as underlying strategies for each line of business. The implementation of this design contributes to achievement of financial and growth goals of the Insurance Division.
3. Serves as a strategic visionary partner with Banner Health's academic and community delivery colleagues to develop an aligned network approach which ties together and enhances Banner's position with healthcare providers in the communities we serve.
4. Oversees provider network recruitment and retention activities, ensuring that Banner is recruiting and retaining providers with positive membership and performance. Keeps a pulse on network changes and innovations, ACO competitors, and other competitive factors which may impact Banner's competitive position. Conducts competitive analyses and routinely provide intelligence reports to senior leadership. In partnership with Banner Business Development, manage any needed promotional materials/competitive websites.
5. Ensures alignment across Insurance Division Product lines in order to create a seamless experience for providers. This includes providing oversight of value-based contracting strategy, contracting, performance measurements, and operational and fiscal performance of VBP program.
6. Collaborates with Banner Health/Insurance Division payer partners regarding each payer's envisioned network design in order to optimize Banner's placement/participation in payer's network. In partnership with Legal, facilitates execution of any approved Insurance Division network leasing arrangements.
7. Works to identify areas amenable to optimizing use of Insurance Division Funds. Collaborates with the divisional leaders to develop and implement programs to positive network performance.
8. This highly complex role has leadership responsibility for the continued growth and network adequacy of the Insurance Division with aligned providers, partners and vendors. Requires interactions with all levels of staff, management and physicians. Actions initiated by this position must be consistent with policies and procedures developed by the organization's insurance division and the organization's network of physicians and hospitals.
Must possess a strong knowledge in management as normally obtained through the completion of a master's degree business, healthcare or related field coupled with five or more years of increasingly responsible administrative leadership experience in an integrated administrative services environment or large multi-operational, complex environment.
Seven years of director level experience in healthcare management, with at least five years of experience in either managed care, commercial insurance, accountable care organization is required. Must have knowledge of quality improvement processes. Must have knowledge of the requirements of national/state accrediting agencies, such as NCQA, HEDIS, Medicare (CMS) and Medicaid (AHCCCS).
Experience in Medicare and Medicaid managed care network design, recruitment or growth is required. Must be able to demonstrate successful experience in designing or growing provider networks for ACOs or health plans. Experience in Medicare/AHCCCS Compliance programs is desirable. Proven track record of partnering with providers, community and organizational leaders to achieve desired organizational outcomes. Proven experience in leading fiscally sound, profitable, efficient, and responsible teams. Strong financial and business acumen, including a keen understanding of market competition and financial measures that define success, as well as budgeting and forecasting methodologies, including working knowledge of capital planning and capital investment practices. Knowledge of emerging trends in provider network design and alternative payment model approaches. Skilled in coaching and developing direct reports and/or other employees that results in enhanced performance outcomes; setting and pursuing aggressive priorities and goals that demonstrate a strong commitment to overall organizational success; effectively allocating resources in order to accomplish goals and objectives; assessing and assimilating facility and industry financial dynamics in order to act quickly and appropriately to changing environmental factors; negotiating win-win scenarios with outside vendors/partners while representing the Insurance Division products, partners, and
organization in the best possible light; developing collaborative and positive relationships with providers, regulators, employees, volunteers, the community, and/or other applicable parties; measuring and managing work outputs. Excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills are essential.
Leadership style and characteristics necessary to effectively perform in this role include: strong work ethic; results-oriented; persuasive; motivational; able to make rational decisions in difficult situations; inspirational; honorable; confident; systems-thinker; innovative; life-long learner; courageous; high-energy; integrity; collaborator; ability to work with teams; good listening; nonvolatile; values multiple disciplines; community visibility and leadership; and passionate about continuously improving and providing high quality care and
service excellence to members, families, employees and providers.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R27406
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.