Operating a hospital is more than IV bags and trauma rooms. One might be surprised by the number of people - and the hats they wear - who work behind the scenes to make sure a hospital runs smoothly and safely for our patients, visitors and staff. Each one plays a critical role and is part of a team to ensure the best care for our patients.
Revenue Integrity has become a leading national focus to gain greater visibility for sound financial outcomes/practices, compliance and optimal reimbursement with focus across all continuums of patient care. Revenue Integrity in an integral part of the Revenue Cycle and covers all essentials related to it. We have teams comprised of Charge Capture, Pre-bill, Post-bill and Monitoring (Auditing). RI also utilizes technology to enhance achievement along with an added focus where necessary that may include high dollar accounts, denials, improved A/R days and cash flow while collaborating with many areas such as Billing, Coding, CDM Services Expected reimbursement.
This Regulatory Billing Project Coordinator will be responsible for projects based around the Billing regulatory research efforts including monitoring and researching acute and ambulatory regulatory changes and assisting in coordinating the implementation of the changes related to billing and coding. Experience in Facility Billing and Coding is strongly preferred.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position is responsible for the coordination of all Regulatory Research Team efforts in support of achieving organizational strategic initiatives. The position has a shared responsibility to assist in achieving team goals and targeted areas.
1. Provides support of regulatory information support and acts as a knowledge resource for the revenue cycle. Identifies, problem-solves and troubleshoots emerging compliance, coding and billing regulatory risks. This may include monitoring and reviewing emerging payer regulatory documents and evaluates, notifies and educates the revenue cycle of the changes and how they affect Banner. Develops and conducts programs with educational materials, procedures and exercises that are task/function specific using a variety of learning and evaluation strategies for all staff.
2. Assist leadership in monitoring and directing regulatory information to Banner leadership. Research, develop, and provide regulatory changes education to the revenue cycle and Banner Leadership. Supports leadership in the development of project implementation strategies. Serves as a liaison to the Information Analysts. Develops and updates regulatory project documents, written materials and procedures.
3. Verify implementation of regulatory changes as needed. Work closely with the Information Analysts to verify accurate regulatory reporting.
4. Works collaboratively with Senior Leadership to monitor regulatory changes with in industry trends.
5. Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
6. Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards.
Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Must possess a current knowledge of business and/or healthcare as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in business administration, healthcare administration or related field, plus advanced training in Health Information Management requirements and systems and in adult learning principles.
In the acute care coding environment, requires a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) in an active status with the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
In the ambulatory coding environment, requires Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification or Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P), with RHIA, RHIT or CCS certification preferred.
Minimum of 5 years of related experience, including 2 years in a Coding, Billing, Revenue Cycle role.
Requires a broad range of skills, in multiple complex areas of operations and workflow.
Must be proficient in the use of common office and presentation software and have an advanced knowledge and experience with computer healthcare applications and hardware.
Internal Number: R5001
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.