20 year old Privately held JACHO accredited profitable Eating Disorder Center with multiple Midwest locations treating adults and adolescents. 100 staff. Stable with expansion business plan. HR director will play a key role in current and expansion staffing needs.
• Administer compensation and benefit plans
• Administer vacation, coverage, PTO, sick leave policies.
• Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
• Assist in development and implementation of standardized human resource policiesacross all facilities
• Monitor staff satisfaction, market compensation metrics and turnover rates
• In conjunction with relevant managers and direct reportsOrganize annual employee performance reviews
• Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form
• Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and organizing team building activities
• Ensure compliance with labor regulations
• Be the primary backup for payroll processing
• Primary point of contact for defining, facilitating and anticipating staff hiring needsacross all existing and planned facilities
• Responsible for verifying budget compliance of all hires or acquiring necessary budget variance approvals
• Responsible for developing network of internal and external sources for potential hires including (i)internal staff generated contacts (ii) websites (iii) search firms (iv) industry conferences and publications
• Review and analyze resumes with department managers, senior management where appropriate-CEO and/or Executive Clinical Director for any senior management hires
• Contact candidates
• Manage interview process with managerand appropriate staff.
• Upon manager, department head, and where required CEO and or Executive Clinical Director approval issue time limited offer letters with benefit descriptions.
• Prepare standardized on-boarding package.
• Conduct employee onboarding, introduce new hire to staff and manage orientation
3. Retention and Training
• Proactively work with leadership and employees to better understand how the company can continually increase job satisfaction and identify employee needs,
• Supportleadership with any corrective action including separations, performance improvement and employee development,
• Conduct and lead internal investigations when concerns of discrimination/harassment and all allegations of inappropriate behavior were made,
• Identify key performance traits and establish a recognition program to increase employee retention,
• Maintainknowledge on current employment law for all EDCare jurisdictions
• Reviewcompensation practices against market trends and discusscompensation concerns with leadership and work to implement any equity or market adjustments,
• Provide training on various HR topics including sexual harassment, avoiding liability, leadership styles etc.
• Consultwith leadership regarding workforce planning and various needs and best practices related to all people matters,
• Assisted employees with questions regarding our medical/dental/vision and 401(k) plans
• Develop in conjunction with clinical and administrative heads training & development initiatives on corporate and facility level
• Develop in conjunction with clinical and administrative heads potential “career paths” plans for staff.
Proven experience as an HR Generalist within Behavioral health market and/or Eating Disorder industry experience
• Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
• Good knowledge of employment/labor laws, regulations and guidelines pertaining to employment law, wage and hour rules, AAm EEOC, Workers Comp, COBRA FMLA, etc.
• Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; ADP systems will be a plus
• Excellent communication, presentation, and organization skills
• Ability to represent Company andcommunicate with employees
• Aptitude in problem-solving
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, treat others with dignity and respect.
• Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach
• BSc/BA/MA in Human Resources or relevant field
• Minimum of 5 years increasingly responsible human resource management experience
PHR/SPHR certification preferred
Additional Salary Information: Benefits plus bonus
Internal Number: HR-1
About Eating Disorder Treatment Facility
JACHO accredited Eating Disorder treatment company with several mid-west locations.