JOB TITLE: Vice President of Facilities, Master Planning, Design & Construction
LOCATION: Danville, PA
DEPARTMENT: System Support Services
WORK SCHEDULE: Days
WORK TYPE: Full-time
The Vice President provides leadership for facility planning, design, pre-construction & construction, plant operations and maintenance. He/she contributes to the delivery of strategic and operational objectives by managing project timelines and costs, reducing facility costs and improving productivity, and providing a safe and efficient working environment. He/she develops innovative and best-practice solutions which can be applied system-wide. Leads and develops a high-performing team of facilities professionals throughout the system. He/she works collaboratively with peers and leadership to fulfill the facilities needs for the system. Major duties and responsibilities include:
· In conjunction with leadership, develops and maintains a current Facility Master Plan for the system which supports the short and long terms goals of the strategic plan and aligns to system-level strategies for facilities design and construction.
· Ensures existing assets are properly maintained and optimized through a robust FCA (Facility Condition Assessment) and facility infrastructure capital plan to achieve reliability, low cost facilities operation and resiliency.
· Collaborates with peers in other regions and system leadership to develop and maintain appropriate policies for development and maintenance of safe, efficient, and effective facilities in the system.
· Ensures all aspects of capital project delivery are well managed, including development of capital plans, standards for design and project delivery, compliance with TJC environment of care standards, CMS regulations, as well as all other applicable standards and ordinances.
· Accountable for the successful deployment of environmental safety initiatives and directs leaders and staff in the implementation of an environmental safety program which ensures compliance with OSHA, EPA, TJC and other regulatory agencies with the objective to minimize or eliminate workplace hazards.
· Conducts ongoing, disciplined reviews of all project costs and timelines, ensuring zealous attention to on-time completion under or on budget. Executes all processes to ensure project execution is completed consistently/effectively and efficiently. Responsible for maintaining and controlling the capital budgets for all facilities construction and renovation projects.
· Effectively communicates expectations, requirements and status of projects to key executives and business partners – both internal and external.
· Coordinates the activities of external consultants, including architects and engineers and construction management firms, to assure value and quality are achieved. Maintains the operating and capital budgets for functions under direct control.
· Responsible for the development of cost estimates and schedules for all renovations and new construction.
· Assists institute leadership in the development of business plans required for capital project approval.
· Develops and maintains facilities with the objective of reducing life cycle costs and environmental footprint.
Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study required.
· Ten (10) years of technical experience and ten (10) years of leadership experience required.
· Must be knowledgeable in varied technical specialties associated with workplace design and facility management such as; architecture, facility engineering, electrical distribution, HVAC, fire protections systems, construction management, energy management, and state and federal building codes.
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Must be able to travel to job sites. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
One of the nation’s most innovative health services organizations, Geisinger serves more than 1.5 million patients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The system includes 13 hospital campuses, a nearly 600,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. A physician-led organization, with approximately 32,000 employees and more than 1,800 employed physicians, Geisinger leverages an estimated $12.7 billion positive annual impact on the Pennsylvania and New Jersey economies. Repeatedly recognized nationally for integration, quality and service, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to patient care, medical education, resear
Internal Number: 66615
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.