The position is responsible for verifying insurance coverage for each patient scheduled for a procedure and inputting insurance information into the computer and for notifying patients of their financial responsibility prior to their date of surgery and inputting insurance information into the computer.
The staffing of the Center is based on a teamwork concept. Employees may be cross-trained in other administrative areas and may be expected to perform duties other than their normal ones as staffing and patient needs change.
1. Be familiar with medical payment terms (deductible, copay, and coinsurance) and contact patient to discuss their financial responsibility prior to arrival at facility. Provide patients options for payments.
2. Assist patients in applying for care credit
3. Pre-certify and verify patient's insurance coverage or Worker's Comp with the proper organization
4. Communicate with physician office and scheduling staff in regards to patient demographics, insurance, and procedure codes.
5. Navigate payor websites to determine patients coverage and financial responsibility
6. Responsible for collecting deposits, co-payments and other monies from patients prior to admission
7. Calculate promissory note requirements and follow proper signoff process
8. Inputs all demographic information in to the computer
9. Maintains established Center/departmental policies and procedures
10. Maintains confidentiality of patient and Center related business
11. Develops and maintains an effective working relationship with patients, families, visitors and other Center employees
12. Able to create detailed notes
13. Participates in Quality Assessment activities as directed for the continuous improvement of patient care and Center business
14. Performs other clerical duties as assigned
1. Previous experience with /insurance/pre-certification and verification required
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.