HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your family’s needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage plans that best your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Chief Operating Officer to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
The Chief Operating Officer assumes line responsibility and authority for the administrative direction, evaluation, and coordination of the functions and activities of assigned departments within the hospital organization to ensure operation objectives and results are in accord with overall hospital needs. In the absence of the hospital CEO and/or as assigned, represents the CEO in the coordination of entire portions of the hospital organization, speaking and acting within the scope of objectives set forth in the practice and/or policy of the hospital.
The Chief Operating Officer is responsible to the Hospital CEO. The COO functions at an executive level in an active leadership role with the hospital’s governing body, medical staff leadership, hospital senior leadership and management team. Is directly responsible for managers overseeing departments and other service lines as assigned by the CEO. Is directly responsible for the improvement of the hospitals facilities in assigned areas, including construction or renovation of structures and the purchasing of new equipment. Responsible for department leaders in establishing a measure of performance, increase productivity, quality improvement, cost controls and efficient utilization of facilities.
Drives Operations by:
• Ensuring the consistent and effective execution of key systems and processes that make effective use of organizational resources.
• Leading a team or unit to enhance product or service quality; driving the business toward enhanced product or service quality.
• Creating a work environment in which employees committed to their organization and feel pride and job ownership.
• Building strategic alliances and partnerships within the organization to collaboratively execute business strategies.
• Creating an environment in which products and processes are designed to ensure customer satisfaction; effectively incorporating customer perspectives in all business activities.
• Contributing to the development of the organization’s strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization.
Supports HCA by:
• Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
• Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Performing other duties as assigned
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Education & Experience:
• Master's degree healthcare, business or a related field
• 3+ years of experience in progressive acute care management and refined managerial skills as a COO or through the COO Development Program, or similar executive level experience.
Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
• Member of American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
• Fellow of American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors:
• Current knowledge of Joint Commission, state, and federal guidelines, regulations and standards.
• Demonstrated expertise in negotiation, coaching, and interpersonal skills.
• Skill in communicating information in an open and sincere manner that promotes credibility (e.g. honest answers to tough questions).
• Skill in recognizing strategic business opportunities resulting from changes in the economic, technological, political/legal, or social environments. Required
• Willingness to focus on employee development through exposure, experiences, and feedback. Required
Internal Number: 10202-COO
About HCA Healthcare
HCA Healthcare is committed to delivering healthcare as it should be: patient-centered and for the good of all people, no matter their circumstance. To achieve this, we must be active; we must be kind. We must work with integrity, share our skills and never stop learning.Exceptional health care is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect – for our patients and for each other. We will foster a culture of inclusion across all areas no matter a person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status.