Responsible for directing the overall planning, coordination, direction and administration of the Rhode Island Health Benefits Exchange, branded “HealthSource RI, the Director provides vision, leadership and policy development in order to ensure that individuals and employers within the state are afforded the opportunity to compare and buy health insurance while ensuring all statutory obligations are carried out as described by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA).
Serving as the subject matter expert, the Director administers and promotes the program in an effective manner while developing relationships as a reliable and trusted source of healthcare information for all constituents. The Director works under the administrative direction of the Director of Administration with wide latitude for the exercise of authority, initiative and independent judgment in the formulation of policy and programs. The Director plans, assigns, coordinates, directs and reviews the work of administrative, management, professional, technical staff.
To implement a reinsurance program.
· A postgraduate degree from a college of recognized standing with a degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Business Administration or a closely related field;
· Extensive experience in an administrative capacity with responsibility for coordinating and integrating a variety of multi-faceted policies and program objectives within a large private or governmental setting;
· Successful candidates must have extensive and current knowledge of the ACA;
· Advanced written and verbal communication skills;
· Strong leadership abilities
· Consideration will be given to any combination of education and experience that is substantially equivalent to the above education and experience
· Please visit the APPLY RI Website at: Apply.ri.gov
Internal Number: 2470-80701-2
About State of Rhode Island
Rhode Island Governmenthttps://www.ri.gov The Official Web Site of the State of Rhode Island.