Functions as the primary liaison between the Steele Institute for Health Innovation and the business community for initiatives. Works on small (less than 3,000 person hours) to medium (up to 7,000 person hours) size projects and similar size phases of larger projects. Works on multiple projects concurrently. Coordinates the development, documentation, analysis and review of business requirements. In conjunction with users, reengineers and redesigns a more effective and efficient business. Applies business rules, processes, workflow to the use of new or redesigned the organization’s systems.
Geisinger’s Steele Institute for Health Innovation serves as the innovation “hub” for Geisinger. The Institute’s purpose is to support Geisinger innovators and lead the nation in building transformative, scalable, measurable and sustainable solutions that improve health, care delivery, patient experience and lower costs. The Institute provides a nontraditional environment where bold, out-of-the-box thinking can flourish and where pioneering innovators can explore, define and disseminate new models of healthcare.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
• Translates functional business specifications into clear and concise technical specifications for use by system developers and configuration specialists.
• Facilitates joint requirements planning and business requirements gathering sessions.
• Works to correctly understand and accurately document workflow, processes, business rules, data, systems, and other business information required for a clear picture of the business.
• Works with project team and management to identify and document benefits, costs and risks associated with solution alternatives.
• Holds regular meetings with users and other project team members. Create agenda and conduct meetings in an effective and efficient manner.
• Resolves and escalates issues in a timely fashion.
• Effectively communicate relevant project information to superiors.
• Delivers full project objectives on time and within budget.
• Performs translation of use case to user acceptance testing requirements and regression testing results.
• Coordinates testing with users and technical staff.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
• Demonstrates competence in organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrates the ability to visualize, articulate, and solve complex problems and concepts, and make decisions that make sense based on available information.
• Demonstrate the ability to lead and evaluate projects.
• Knowledge of and the ability to plan, organize, monitor and control projects ensuring the utilization of technical resources to better achieve project objectives.
• Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the theory and principles of performance improvement and mastery of PMI standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of three years managing people, processes or projects.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in lieu of degree in Related Field of Study
Required Certifications or Licensures:
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES:
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
One of the nation’s most innovative health services organizations, Geisinger serves more than 1.5 million patients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The system includes 13 hospital campuses, a nearly 600,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. Geisinger is known for its focus on caring and innovative programs including the ProvenCare® best-practice approach to maximize quality, safety and value; ProvenHealth Navigator® advanced medical home; Springboard Health® population health program to improve the health of an entire community; ProvenExperience™ to provide refunds to patients unhappy with their care experience; and Geisinger’s MyCode® Community Health Initiative, the largest healthcare system-based precision health project in the world. With more than 215,000 volunteer participants enrolled, MyCode is conducting extensive research and returning medically actionable results to participants. A physician-led organization, with approximately 32,000 employees and more than 1,800 employed physicians, Geisinger leverages an estimated $12.7 billion positive annual impact on the Pennsylvania and New Jersey economies. Repeatedly recognized nationally for integration, quality and service, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to patient care, medical education, research and community service. For more information, visit geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.