Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 2-3 years of event coordination and/or project coordination required.
- Experience facilitating volunteer group efforts preferred.
- Proficiency in using MS Word and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Process-oriented with ability to build standard operating procedures.
- Organized and able to effectively manage to deadlines.
- Skilled at communicating across departments and establishing effective collaborations.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in coordinating virtual meetings or strong desire to learn.
- Interest in instructional design and technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use good judgement and to be diplomatic with sensitive situations.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
If this is you and you are eager to make meaningful contributions to a highly relevant and important mission, please submit a cover letter with your salary requirements and a copy of your resume for consideration. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Our generous benefits package includes: medical, dental, disability and life insurance; flexible spending accounts, two retirement plans with employer matching and nonmatching contributions; 12 days of paid vacation, 12 days of paid sick leave, with additional personal leave and 10 paid holidays; gym membership reimbursement; and tuition reimbursement.
The Society for Neuroscience is wholly dedicated to recruiting, developing, and retaining a diverse group of talented people. We are committed to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected criteria, in accordance with applicable law and we welcome Veteran applicants.