This position is located in the Salisbury VA Medical Center, Medicine Services, Salisbury, NC. The primary purpose of this position is to provide technical and administrative support in the Hospitalist Section.
* Serve as a Program Manager or as Chief of the Hospitalist Section, if appropriate and as needed.
* Provide guidance and support to the nurse practitioners assigned to Medicine Service in their respective areas of expertise.
* Provide guidance and supervision for the medical students and residents (interns, residents, and/or fellows) assigned to the Service Line.
* Responsible and accountable for assuring coverage for all tours, and for constructing and maintaining the master schedule of tours of duty for all members of his/her team.
* Perform required appropriate time mapping and resources to ensure that they are empowered to meet expected proficiencies in administration, clinical practice and research.
* Provide quality patient-centered patient care to both inpatients and outpatients for adults as assigned by Service Line Chief.
* Serve as staff attending on General Medicine House staff Wards and on General Internal Medicine Staff ward when assigned by Service Line Chief.
* Participate as a peer reviewer process when requested.
* Integrate patient care activities on Medicine Services and other patient care programs at the medical center and in the community such as Social Work, Prosthetics, Home Based Heath Care, and private nursing homes.
*Develop the initial plan of care and update the plan, serving as a resource person to less experienced staff, and act as a leader in developing standard of care.
* Supports the Medical Center wide research mission.
* Assist in conducting studies regarding treatment modalities, outcomes, and other aspects of patient care when appropriate.
* Encourage participation in clinical research among other staff members.
* And other duties assigned by the Service Line Chief.
Physical standards - All applicants must meet the physical standards for the position. A physical examination prior to employment may be required.
Licensure and Registration - Current, full,and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States or in the District of Columbia. The Physician must maintain a current registration to continue employment with the VA
Educational requirements - Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed. Approved schools are:
Schools of medicine holding regular institutional membership in the Association of American Medical Colleges for the year in which the degree was granted.
Schools of osteopathic medicine approved by the American Osteopathic Association for the year in which the degree was granted.
Schools (including foreign schools) accepted by the licensing body of a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e. Puerto Rico), or in the District of Columbia as qualifying for full or unrestricted licensure.
For residents, graduation from an approved medical school as described above is required.
First-Year Residency (Internship) - Completed a first-year residency, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which it was competed. For a VA resident, the appropriate Deans Committee and Resident Review Board may recommend appointment on the basis of the candidate's acceptability for residency training. Approved residencies are:
Those approved by the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals, American Medical Association, in the list published for the year the residency was completed, OR
Other residencies or their equivalents which the Professional Standards Board determines to have provided an applicant with appropriate professional training. The Board may determine that the residency requirement has been met if the candidate has completed 1 year of postgraduate education.
The following requirements for this position are as follows:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: Ability to bend, stoop, squat, lift up to 50 lbs. Emotional and mental stability. All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s): *Other(VA Form 10-2850- Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists and Chiropractors) *Resume
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
*Cover Letter *DD-214 *OF-306 *Other Veterans Document *SF-50 *Transcript
Please use this checklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1975065.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.
Merchant Privacy Statement Your right to privacy is important. Our organization believes that the personal information you choose to furnish online should only be used to help us provide you with the highest quality services and support. We will not share this information with any other party.
We do not share your credit card information with any outside parties.