Wilkes-Barre VA Medical Center looking for a Full Time Internal Medicine/Family Practice to provide Primary Care Services at the Wilkes-Barre VA Medical Center Community Based Outpatient ClinicSayre Outpatient (CBOC) located in Sayre, Pennsylvania. Responsibilities will include services such as:
1. Care of acute and chronic illness including routine detection, management of diseases and medication management.
2. Preventive care such as age appropriate cancer screening, e.g. colorectal cancer screen.
3. Prevention of osteoporosis and treatment.
5. Smoking Cessation and Weight Management counseling.
6. Alcohol use screen, counseling and referral for treatment.
7. Depression/ PTSD screening, evaluation and referral to Mental Health Clinic as appropriate.
8. Elective referral to specialty care will be at Wilkes-Barre - examples include ophthalmology, podiatry, physical therapy and social work as needed.
9. Gender specific care such as pelvic/breast exam, contraception counseling, management of menopause related concerns and initial evaluation and management of gender specific concerns .
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Functional Statement Title/#: Physician/000000
Position can be filled as a Physician, Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant. Please see announcement #693-17-CP-1972339-BU for Physician Assistant and#693-17-CP-1972338-BU for Nurse Practitioner Announcement.
Citizenship of the United States. Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with Department of Veterans Affairs policy.
Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
Completion of a first-year residency, or its equivalent, approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which it was completed.
Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Physical requirements outlined below.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements:?, The physician should be physically and mentally capable to perform the duties of the position. Physical activities include sitting, standing, walking (up to 2 hours), heavy lifting (45 pounds or over), reaching above the shoulder, and repeated bending.
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
5. If prior military service, include all copies of your DD Forms 214 or proof of service (if applicable). Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must also complete and submit an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference (available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf). (Required If Applicable).
6. If currently employed in the VA system, include latest SF-50 - Notification of Personnel Action (Required If Applicable)
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1972325.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.
Merchant Privacy Statement Your right to privacy is important. Our organization believes that the personal information you choose to furnish online should only be used to help us provide you with the highest quality services and support. We will not share this information with any other party.
We do not share your credit card information with any outside parties.