Providence is calling an Architecture Design Director to Providence Health & Services in Seattle, WA.
We are seeking an Architecture Design Director to be responsible for leading the development of space programs, layouts for new and remodel spaces. The Architecture Design Director works closely with regional and local leadership, as well as special project teams to engage in the space planning and design process.
The Real Estate and Construction (REC) division is accountable for 21.1M sf of non-acute managed space; 645 assets, over 2,400 leases (various product types) and 11.8M sf acute care (35 facilities). Portfolio market value is estimated at $10B. Gross revenue is $207M with expenses at $197M.
In this position you will:
- Lead the development of space programming and space layouts for new and remodeled space with regional leadership and specific project teams.
- Under the direction of the Senior Director, be responsible for supporting the development and review of healthcare design standards to include the Center for the Care Environment in light of industry best practices.
- Be accountable for working collaboratively with Planning Institutional Director(s) on project specific master plans and detailed functional and operational planning.
- Be accountable for collaborating with Regional Directors and Senior Construction Project Managers on a routine basis to ensure the project process and responsibilities are clear and communicated when REC space design services are requested.
- Be responsible for advising local ministry project managers/directors in space and functional programming and activation planning on select major projects.
- Create RFP's, evaluate, select, and manage architectural vendors relevant to planning and space design projects as well as architects assigned to master plans.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture.
- Eight (8) or more years of experience in the health care design with focus on space planning, design and construction in both acute care and ambulatory settings.
- Valid driver's license.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree in architecture.
- Architecture license.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Project & Program Management - Non-Clinical
Req ID: 152277