The Digital Innovation Group (DIG) at Providence Health & Services is a small but mighty product development and incubation team that is building next-gen tools that give patients convenient and easy access to healthcare virtually anywhere, anytime.
We are on the hunt for a Senior iOS Engineer who wants to do more than refactor code. Identify creative solutions and spin up new ideas that draw from your Mobile Development knowledge to answer questions such as, "how can we build out a custom OS, new hardware, device drivers & apps that could save someone's life in the remote reaches of Alaska?" We want your voice as we research and develop products that transform the healthcare experience as we know it.
What you'll work on:
You will be building the software that powers the On-Demand-Healthcare Platform, eXpressCare and TeleHealth products (TeleHospitalist, TeleStroke, TelePsych).
How you'll be doing this:
- Work with customers, designers and UX experts to design and develop solutions to challenging problems, leading teams and mentoring more junior engineers.
- You have the flexibility to learn new things, try new technology, seek opportunities to grow, mentor & be mentored, & participate in the Mobile Dev community
- Provide thought leadership in mobile engineering, bringing to bear your experience in the industry and your desire to keep learning new things.
- Take calculated risks, learn from success or failure, and apply that to the next problem in the pipeline.
- Do all this in a way that respects team work, diversity of opinion, and maintains our organization's mission (Know Me, Care for Me, Ease My Way), and core values of Respect, Compassion, Justice, Excellence and Stewardship.
- 4 experience on the iOS Platform including a passion for new technology and mobile applications
- 4 years of Objective-C for iOS devs
- Demonstrated application development, preferably live in an app store
- A solid software development foundation including competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Continuous delivery
- A demonstrated track record of being a change agent, leaving every team and process better than you found it
- Relocation and Visas offered! And because we're a not-for-profit, we have no rescrictions on the number or timing of Visas applications.
- A small but growing team - we're good at what we do and enjoy working together.
- Autonomy and respect from day one
- An environment that is scrappy, flexible, and values tenacity
- Great pay
- Generous vacation, benefits, flexible work, and matched 403b
- The best tools money can buy
- What else:
- You'll be surrounded by a team of people who have transformed industries and have come to Providence to transform health care delivery. You will have the best of both worlds- the exhilaration of an incubation organization paired with the resources and security of an industry healthcare leader.
As employees of the Providence Digital Innovation Group, we passionately serve the people of our community. We are dedicated to removing obstacles that limit access to quality health care and enabling people to live healthier lives.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Information Technology
Req ID: 138659