Providence is calling a Ministry Leadership Formation (MLF) Director to Providence Health & Services in Renton, WA.
We are seeking a Ministry Leadership Formation (MLF) Director to guide and facilitate the design and fulfillment of leadership formation programs so that "leaders and all caregivers of PHSJ are inspired by the heritage and the Catholic tradition entrusted to us by the Sisters of Providence and the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange, integrating our Mission and core values into all aspects of our ministry."
As an integral member of the Providence St. Joseph Health Formation Institute, this position is responsible to lead the multiple dimensions of assigned ministry leadership formation programs under the direction of the Vice President, Ministry Leadership Formation. This position is an integral member of the Formation Institute leadership team, sharing in and accountable for delivering on our formation intention and strategic, transformational objectives.
Programs for which this position may be assigned full, primary accountability or partial responsibility include: Ministry Leadership Formation program for PSJH leaders, ongoing formation for PSJH leaders, Affiliate Leadership Formation for PSJH affiliate organization leaders, ongoing formation for affiliate leaders, PSJH Mission & Mentoring, Community Ministry Board member formation, and related programs and activities not listed here. The position is located in Renton, WA.
In this position you will:
- Work with the Vice President, Ministry Leadership Formation, and aligned with the overall formation intention and strategy, the Director: works to create, implement, facilitate, lead, administer, and evaluate effective leadership formation programs for PSJH leaders which sustain and strengthen the ministry, Mission, core values, heritage and culture of the participant organizations for generations to come.
- Leads and directs assigned formation programs, including: curriculum design, development and administration, program implementation, adherence to established Formation Standards of Excellence, evaluation and improvement, development of strategies and tactics that enable the successful implementation of innovative formation initiatives, resource development, coordination of facilitators and faculty, logistics and planning of sessions and events, communication with leadership teams, key stakeholders, participants and presenters.
- Serves as the principal program facilitator for assigned formation programs (and/or sessions).
- Provides accountable leadership for and directs the development and delivery (as assigned) of a structured, relevant ongoing formation program for PSJH leaders who have completed initial formation.
- Supports and enhances the participant experience through cohort-specific effective, interactive formation resource components using electronic/online platforms such as the Providence Team Collaboration Site and others as appropriate.
- Serves as an integral member of the Formation Institute team, supporting the overall administration and execution of our formation strategy, objectives, and formation efforts across PSJH and our affiliates. As a team member, actively contributes to resource and program development and enhancements, seeks innovative solutions to design challenges, works diligently to improve the participant experience, readily shares expertise to enrich others, and promotes a collaborative and respectful team environment.
- As assigned, serves as internal consultant and/or subject matter expert to functional area leaders (e.g. talent development, human resources, etc.) in helping to align formation components with other leadership development programs or initiatives for specified audiences (physicians, Mission leaders, caregivers, nursing, etc.).
- As assigned, participates as a resource to the development, delivery, and strengthening of Formation Institute sponsored and/or locally-delivered formation initiatives (e.g. Foundations of Catholic Healthcare, New Caregiver Experience, New Leader Onboarding, etc.)
Required qualifications for this position include:
- The position requires a graduate-level degree in theology (MA, MDiv, MHCM, Spirituality, or similar degree. (Note: A graduate degree in organizational development, psychology, leadership development, or a closely related field is acceptable for the ALF Director assignment).
- The director position requires 10 years progressively responsible and successful leadership experience, approximately 3 or more years of which has been principally dedicated to planning, designing, facilitating, and directing adult learning programs with participants from diverse backgrounds. Additionally:
- Previous participation in a Catholic healthcare leadership formation program is required.
- Previous experience leading Catholic healthcare leadership formation programs is highly desirable.
- Proven experience in effectively designing and delivering and assessing formation, leadership formation, and/or values-based leadership programs is required.
- Experience managing and facilitating nuanced group learning and group process is required.
- Outstanding and proven organizational, interpersonal, facilitation and communication skills are critical to the success of this position.
- Ability to align and integrate formation program objectives with Mission, values, strategic plan.
- Leading group process facilitation, teaching, and learning process engagement for adults.
- Familiarity with the rhythms and methods of spiritual direction.
- Highly developed and exceptional written and oral communication skills, adapted to the needs of those being served.
- Maintaining positive relationships, building trust, collaborative engagement, and open communication.
- Excellent program administration and coordination skills, including development of work plans, event planning and execution, learning assessment and metrics, monitoring processes, resource management, short and long range planning.
- Highly developed decision-making skills using common sense, analysis, experience, and good judgment.
- At minimum, facility in using Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook and Word is required.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Mission, values, and heritage of Providence Health & Services, St. Joseph Health, and its affiliates.
- Demonstrated personal integrity, veracity, and trust.
- Curiosity, openness, attentiveness, critical thinking, and committed to ongoing personal learning are key personal attributes.
- Maturity, professionalism, and ability to work with diverse groups.
- A welcoming presence and sense of humor.
- Self-starting and independent in managing multiple projects and accountabilities.
- A practical and common sense approach to developing programs and resources that fit the unique needs of formation participants.
- The ability to work effectively with leaders at multiple levels of ministry in a credible and professional manner.
- Ability to manage shifting and competing priorities, and to succeed and thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple assignments and changing needs.
- Unless otherwise noted, the ability to work an occasional flexible schedule (evenings and/or weekends) and periodic travel is required.
- Determination of additional program specific requirements is driven by participant and program needs and ultimately rests with the Vice President, Ministry Leadership Formation.
- When in session, most formation programs have an evening component
- Community Ministry Board Formation meets on weekends
- Mission & Mentoring has 4-6 concurrent cohorts per director and meets every other month; travel during session months can be significant.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Professional & Administration
Req ID: 144740