Providence is calling a Resource/Recruitment Coordinator to Providence Health & Services in Missoula, MT.
We are seeking a Resource/Recruitment Coordinator to be responsible for delivering business value through effective coordination of services within Physician Services & Development, the Recruitment Coordinator (RC) works autonomously and is accountable for the entire business line associated with candidate interviews, site visits, travel, and connection to local relocation services to support physician recruitment throughout Alaska, California, Montana, Oregon and Washington. The RC is dedicated to a specific recruitment region and serves as the liaison and sole Providence representative and contact for the potential hire once the candidate has been identified until the time s/he sits down with the medical director for the job offer.
To this end, the RC must use a high level of discretion and work independently to orchestrate the interview-site visit-offer workload process once a candidate has been identified. (While the RCs specialize in one region, they must also possess systemwide expertise if crossover is needed across regions due to volume, etc.) Working within a budget and forging relationships to facilitate logistics, the RC ensures a warm handoff and successful follow through in the critical interview and site visit stage of the hiring process, from the recruiter through to the interview team and finally to the community for relocation. In addition to managing this line of work for up to three dozen candidates at any given time, the RC negotiates contracts and preferred rates with a variety of vendors independent of manager approval; these negotiations are per discretion of the RC in service to stewardship and cost reductions on behalf of Providence. Finally, the RC maintains and utilizes the in-depth SelectSurvey tool and analyzes results for constant quality improvement, which are implemented and tracked for metrics and to show return on investment.
In this position you will:
- Provide project coordination and support for the Physician Services & Development team that supports PH&S, building strong and trusting relationships with regional partners and recruiters to bring the best provider candidates on board
- Schedule and manage all details related to candidate interview and site visit process, including recruitment interview and social events, itineraries, travel arrangements, amenities, catering, as well as connection to local resources for relocation, schools, partners, children, etc.
- Serve as primary PS&D contact for the region regarding the candidate interview, which may include up to two dozen people. Working autonomously, the RC demonstrates discretion, judgment, and independent decision-making when determining who to include on the interview team. Then orchestrates the entire itinerary around the interview time and place
- Orchestrate communication with candidate and local contacts, maintain and update promotional materials, assemble and distribute complete recruitment packages for potential candidates
- Organize department events, physician recruitment events, and community projects
- Obtain verbal and written references for candidates; probe as needed to get at candidates' strengths and weaknesses; assess candidate on scale of 1-10
- While guided by a budget, work independently to manage the candidate site visit and interview process; use discretion to manage candidate relationship with Providence given the intricacies and sensitivities of a specific search
- Negotiate vendor contracts, tracks expenses, negotiate best pricing for Providence
- Maintain data bases and report progress against targets for system objectives; administer and analyze SelectSurvey tool for constant quality improvement
- Maintain candidate data and process progress via Avature (CRM)
- Work independently, use discretion and independent judgment to make best financial and business decisions on behalf of Providence and to maintain professional relationships with candidates and regional directors and interview team.
- Perform related work and duties as required.
- Serve on-call for emergency service outages that may arise.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Associate's degree required.
- 3-5 years administrative experience
- Strong client/customer service orientation.
- Experience managing budgets and working with senior-level staff.
- Demonstrated project coordination experience in handling multiple and complex projects with discretion, autonomy, and self sufficiency.
- Demonstrated and proven experience working independently with minimal or no supervision, independent decision-making.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in health care, business administration, information technology, or related field preferred
- Healthcare industry experience
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Human Resources
Req ID: 151827