Providence is calling aPatient Services Representative (Anticoagulation Clinic, Day Shift, Per Diem) to Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
We are seeking a customer service individual who is a detailed oriented and organized multi-tasker providing effective and efficient clerical duty services to our patients. This is a fast paced and consistently high volume clinic and being able to manage multiple interruptions is critical to this role.
This is a per diem day shift, with no guaranteed hours or benefits. Hours can range from as early as 6:15 a.m. to as late as 5:30 p.m. depending what shift you are covering.
In this position youwill:
- Registerand schedule patients.
- Maintainand coordinate the clinic's schedule while always focusing on patient needs.
- Notifiesthe appropriate staff member of the patient's arrival, tracks and notes in theEMR chart missed or cancelled appointments.
- Collects/recordsPOS payments if applicable.
- Runsdata reports.
Required qualificationsfor this position include:
- HighSchool diploma or General Equivalancy Degree (GED)
- Excellentworking knowledge of medical terminology
- Workingknowledge of all basic office equipment
- Experiencewith spreadsheet programs, plus other general computer skills
- Excellentoral and written communications skills
- Goodfile management skills
Preferred qualificationsfor this position include:
- Proficiencyin the use of Quattro Pro or Excel spreadsheet software
- Knowledgeof billing and coding terminology
- Strongunderstanding of basic medical record processing
- Previoushospital or clinical experience
- Understandingof confidentiality issues with regard to medical information
About thehospital you will serve.
Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana has more than 250 licensed beds and
serves patients from 17 counties. We have been recognized as a Thomson Reuters
Top 100 Hospital and among many other awards, have earned the Premier Award for
Quality award repeatedly. Missoula is halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier
National Park. It is a university city of 65,000, surrounded by big sky, scenic
mountains, forests and renowned rivers.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 152449