Providence is calling a Senior Project Manager to Providence Health & Services in Renton WA, Irvine CA or Portland, OR.
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager to be accountable for large, diverse and complex projects in the areas of information technology, specifically focused upon the integration of PHS affiliate organizations into the enterprise information systems model. This role will focus primarily on the integration of application portfolios, including the discovery, disposition, and rationalization of applications and the coordination with internal project management groups who manage implementations and sunsetting processes. Ideal candidate will have experience working with multiple stakeholder groups with varying interests and perspectives- ideally across multiple organizations and experience with mergers and acquisition integrations. Manages all aspects of projects with direct accountability to the Executive Sponsor.
In this position you will:
- Manage various projects and programs with increased complexity, strategic priority, and or visibility.
- Manage customer expectations, beginning with initial scope identification and through the project lifecycle.
- Effectively apply department methodologies and ensure all projects meet established standards.
- Build and manage multiple multi-functional, collaborative project and /or work teams
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders across multiple locations
- Facilitate strategic planning with internal customers for deployment of applications, services and products.
- Proactively communicate with, inform and influence others to achieve success for assigned projects and programs.
- Develop and deliver presentations to management, senior leadership and other stakeholders
- Maintain timely and accurate documentation in support of project analysis and daily operations
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors degree, and 5 years related work experience, OR 10 years related work experience, or equivalent combination of education, experience and increasingly responsible performance of duties
- 8 or more years of progressively more responsible project management experience in comparable or larger institution including the management of PMO department, project and program managers
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Passion for leading successful projects
- Experience leading technical projects of various degrees of difficulty through teamwork
- Project Management Certification through the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or a program recognized by the Project Management Institute (local or national group)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation certification
- Experience with creating and presenting executive level PowerPoint Presentation
- Experience with operational and capital project budgeting
- Fluent in MS Project
- Experience with Visio
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Project & Program Management - Non-Clinical
Other Location(s): California-Irvine, Oregon-Portland
Req ID: 151670