Providence is calling a Transport and Logistics Technician (Lift Team, Variable Shift, 1.0) to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska.
This Transport and Logistics Center Technician will perform duties involving the movement of patients and equipment to and from inpatient units and patient care areas throughout the hospital as well as assist nursing personal with high needs patient lifts and other patient handling maneuvers.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for independently transporting inpatients via wheelchair, stretcher, bed to and from clinical, ancillary and support departments throughout PAMC.
- Be responsible for assisting with complex lifts defined as total body transfers.
- Provide mentoring and support on Safe Patient Handling & Mobility equipment and practices.
- Ensure patient safety during transport and lifts by using proper equipment and safety techniques.
- Respond to emergent situations in a timely manner to assist as needed.
- Manage workflow and respond to unit requests for services utilizing automated dispatching system TeleTracking.
- Comply with isolation standards and equipment disinfecting techniques and guidelines.
- Maintain hospital wide moveable patient care equipment inventory and delivery. Report equipment malfunction and facility issues appropriately.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year in a customer service position/field
- Ability to exert continuous physical effort including lifting, carrying, pushing or moving of patients, and patient care equipment
- Competency in computers and electronic communication devices
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 6 months experience working in health care with patient contact
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 6 months of hire
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 154602