Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a VP, Clinically Integrated Network Sr. Medical Director to St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare in San Pedro, CA. to work in various locations. openings include full-time, part-time and Per-diem (on-call) positions as well as multiple shifts. this position is not a specific job vacancy. This posting serves to establish interested candidates for current or future opportunities for VP, Clinically Integrated Network Sr. Medical Director positions at various locations and for various shifts.
In this position you will:
- Lead the CIN by engaging physicians and developing a comprehensive provider service network.
- Oversee the integration of data, the establishment of clinical care pathways and the development of a high performing, outcomes-driven network.
- Advise information system teams, direct clinical teams in the development of care pathways and lead the CIN Steering Team with the goal of bringing to the Southern California market, an effective and proven provider network with recognized outcomes.
- Be visible and engaging leader with an effective and open communication style.
- Be experienced in data integration, quality measurement and outcomes performance.
- Inspire physicians in the promotion of evidence-based guideless linked to quality and the appropriate use of resources.
- Proactively identify creative, innovative and reliable approaches to enhance overall clinical quality and will demonstrate results.
- Connect all stakeholders with a common vision and represent the CIN to health system leaders and potential partners.
- Partner with clinicians, information systems, hospital and regional leadership to enhance clinical integration and service excellence in a way that is consistent with the mission, vision, goals of St Joseph Heritage Health.
- Work with the administrators and CEOs of St Joseph hospitals in decisions affecting the health's system's clinical programs.
- Optimize a diverse network of medical group and affiliate providers across St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare to improve healthcare quality and reduce unnecessary cost. Partner with Heritage Leadership to grow the network and align physicians with similar values who bring innovation and performance, and who enhance the network delivery through quality improvement and resource efficiencies.
- Lead the development and adoption of cost effective clinical protocols for high cost/high utilization conditions across the network. Assist in the development of provider system-based disease management programs. Sets quality and disease management metrics and targets.
- Provide medical leadership to ensure relevant data sources are connected to the HIE so quality reports can be generated in support of disease management metrics. Collaborate with HIE, analytics and quality teams to develop quality reports.
- Partner with Medical Management leadership team to connect cost reduction innovations in specialty services to the CIN. Using tools and processes, evaluate the potential specialty services that demonstrate cost efficiency opportunities and establish a reporting system to track and report outcomes. Work with physician leaderships.
- Leverage the energy and innovation of local physician leaders and quality improvement champions to enhance outcomes. Engage with Physician Site Directors at the medical groups and Affiliate Quality Medical Directors to counsel physicians in the use of protocols and care pathways, and in the improvement of outcomes.
- Collaborate with all appropriate boards, subcommittees, councils and departments and physician leaders. Assist the executive leadership in setting and articulating the CIN vision and gaining commitment of medical group and affiliate providers. Provide medical leadership to CIN steering team and assists in development of the overall CIN provider network strategy.
- Partner with the sales and employer strategy team to identify and define new and innovative strategies to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Develop the CIN with all stakeholders involved: patients, providers, purchasers and payers. Understand the reporting needs and expected outcomes performance of government and private payer contracts including shared savings, bundled payments and capitation.Collaborate with quality, performance improvement, risk adjustment and other departments to enhance outcomes.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Five years' of leadership experience in a comparable panel management and/or population health role required.
- Five years' experience working with healthcare systems with a sizeable affiliated physician base or an independent physician association.
- Active medical license.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Ten years' of accomplished network experience in a large, complex, and integrated healthcare or payer setting.
- Six plus years' experience working with healthcare systems with a sizeable affiliated physician base or an independent physician association.
- Previous experience in developing and/or operating management service organizations.
- Previous familiarity with various physician compensation plans, incentives and contracting arrangements.
Providence St. Joseph Health was established on July 1, 2016, creating the second largest Catholic health system and fourth largest
non-profit integrated delivery system in the country, which provides a broad
range of health and outreach services throughout the western United
States. With total revenues exceeding $20 billion in fiscal year 2015, the
health system family includes 50 acute care hospitals as well as home health
agencies, hospice care, outpatient services, skilled nursing facilities,
insurance plans and physician organizations. Providence St. Joseph Health
includes more than 100,000 caregivers, 829 outpatient clinics, 23,000
physicians, across seven states. The system has 1.9 million covered
The Providence St.
Joseph Health family includes:
- ProvidenceHealth & Services
- St. JosephHealth
- CovenantHealth in West Texas
- FaceyMedical Foundation in Los Angeles
- HoagMemorial Presbyterian in Orange County, California.
- Kadlec inSoutheast Washington
- PacificMedical Centers in Seattle
- SwedishHealth Services in Seattle
About Us: At St. Joseph Heritage
Medical Group, we pride ourselves in providing patients with compassionate,
high quality healthcare. As an awarding-winning medical group, we offer a
diverse group of physicians that represent the finest primary care programs
available. Our physicians value the relationship they have with each of their
patients and encourage each patient to play an active role in disease
prevention and management. By working together, we can help you get the most
out of your healthcare. At St. Joseph Heritage Medical Group, we feel confident
that you will find a physician who can serve you and your family for years to
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Director / Executive
Req ID: 151881