~ Perform the primary clinical duties of a Physician (Hospitalist) in the inpatient setting, including coverage of the Medical Intensive Care/Telemetry Unit.
~ Evaluate patients admitted to Medical Service for inpatient management and disposition. ~ Work closely with medical and surgical consultants and primary care physicians to ensure that inpatients receive continuous, high-quality care.
~ Provide occasional general medical consultation
~ Provide coverage for West Virginia State Veterans Nursing Home, which is physically connected to our Medical Center.
~ Responsible for providing the most effective delivery of patient care services throughout the Medical Center.
~ Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Tour of Duty: Selectee must be available to work rotating twelve (12) and/or eight (8) hour shifts; however, subject to change, depending on the needs of the service/medical center.
Physical Requirements: Lifting and carrying (up to 45 lbs.); pushing or pulling (1 hour); reaching above shoulder; use of fingers; both hands required; walking (up to 4 hours); standing (up to 4 hours); repeated bending (up to 2 hours); ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4; far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other eye; hearing (aid permitted); clear speech; mental and emotional stability.
In order to qualify for this position you must meet the following:
* U.S. citizenship.
* English language proficiency.
* Physical standards - All applicants must meet the physical standards for the position. A physical examination prior to employment may be required.
* Licensure and Registration - Current, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States or in the District of Columbia. The Physician must maintain a current registration to continue employment with the VA.
* Educational requirements - Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed. Approved schools are:
* Schools of medicine holding regular institutional membership in the Association of American Medical Colleges for the year in which the degree was granted.
* Schools of osteopathic medicine approved by the American Osteopathic Association for the year in which the degree was granted.
* Schools (including foreign schools) accepted by the licensing body of a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e. Puerto Rico), or in the District of Columbia as qualifying for full or unrestricted licensure.
* For residents, graduation from an approved medical school as described above is required.
* First-Year Residency (Internship) - Completed a first-year residency, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which it was competed. For a VA resident, the appropriate Deans Committee and Resident Review Board may recommend appointment on the basis of the candidate's acceptability for residency training. Approved residencies are:
* Those approved by the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals, American Medical Association, in the list published for the year the residency was completed, OR
* Other residencies or their equivalents which the Professional Standards Board determines to have provided an applicant with appropriate professional training. The Board may determine that the residency requirement has been met if the candidate has completed 1 year of postgraduate education.
~ Successful completion of an accredited internal medicine or family medicine training program OR successful completion of equivalent training orexperience in internal medicine or family medicine.
~ Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification OR the ability to attain such within ninety days of entering on duty.
~ Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification OR the ability to attain such within ninety days of entering on duty.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD-214(s), SF-15 (as applicable) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the applicationchecklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
*Other(Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists, Chiropractors, Copy of BLS Certification If Current, Copy of ACLS Certification If Current)
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
*Other Veterans Document
***PLEASE NOTE: BELOW IS A COMPLETE LIST OF DOCUMENTS REQUIRED (#s 8-10 AS APPLICABLE)FOR A COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKET. FAILURE TO PROVIDE A COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKET WILL RESULT IN BEING RULED INELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
***PLEASE BE CERTAIN TO UPLOAD YOUR DOCUMENTS UNDER THE PROPER "DOCUMENT TYPE". FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION PACKET BEING INCOMPLETE AND NOT REFERRED FOR CONSIDERATION. Note -Application, Current Basic Life Support Certification, and Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification (if current) are document type "Other".
To apply for this position, you MUST provide a COMPLETE Application Package which includes the following (failure to provide a complete application packet will result in you not being considered for referral to the selecting official).
1. Completed online questionnaire.
2. Properly completed, signed, and currently dated (within one month of submission to vacancy announcement) VA Form 10-2850, Application For Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists, & Chiropractors. Link to application - https://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-2850-fill_BAK.pdf. Please read ALL instructions and complete the application in its entirety. .
3. Copy of final disposition(s)/outcome(s) on any and all malpractice issues/cases.
4. Detailed CV, to include work schedule and hours worked per week, as well as "to" and "from" dates of employment.
5. Copy of Basic Life Support (BLS) certification -IF current.
6. Copy of Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification -IF current.
7. Copy of ECFMG certification - IF foreign medical graduate.
8. Copy of most recent SF 50, Notification of Personnel Action, that shows your status -IF current or former Federal civilian employee.
9. Copy of DD 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty" -IF prior military. Copy MUST show character of discharge.
10. Copy of letter from a VA Regional Office that shows percentage of disability - IF prior military and you have service-connected disability.
11. Properly completed OPM's Standard Form 15, Application for 10 Point Preference -IF prior military and you have a service-connected disability. Link to form - http://www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents:
You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete,do not fax the paper application (1203FX - Occupational Questionnaire Form) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.
If you completed the occupational questionnaire online and are unable to upload supporting document(s):
1. To fax your documents, you must use the following cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf and provide the required information. The Vacancy ID is 1586903
2. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
If you are unable to apply online by 11:59 PM (EST) on Monday, December 18, 2017, please contact the point of contact listed in the announcement.
To complete the occupational questionnaire and submit via fax:
1. Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire.
2. Print the 1203FX form, follow the instructions and provide your responses to the occupational questionnaire items http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdfimage/opm1203fx.pdf.
3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.