Providence is calling a Patient Service Representative (Dept, Shift, 0.0) to Providence Medical Group - International Heart Institute in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
We are seeking a customer service individual who is a detailed oriented and organized multi-tasker providing effective and efficient clerical duty services to our patients. This is a fast paced and consistently high volume clinic and being able to manage multiple interruptions is critical to this role. The International Heart Institute of Montana which brings together a recognized team of cardiologists, heart surgeons, nurses and researchers to perform advanced cardiac procedures and to search for new and improved ways to treat heart disease.
This is a per diem day shift, with no guaranteed hours or benefits. Hours can range from as early as 6:15 a.m. to as late as 5:30 p.m. depending what shift you are covering.
In this position you will:
- Book cases for clinic appointments in Missoula and our outreach/satellite offices, scheduling special test including but not limited to echoes, Nuclear Medicine, cardiovascular lab procedures, PFT, ECG & RT.
- Work with Diagnostic Imaging to schedule any special testing including but not limited to MRI, CT, CTA, and Ultrasound.
- Coordinate schedules for 19 providers for outreach visits, call days, vacation time and other events.
- Gather medical records for each IHI patient that receives services.
- Assist in administrative duties assigned by the Practice Manager of the department and Administrator of the Cardiovascular Service Line
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED) equivalent
- Knowledge of billing, coding or medical terminology
- Prior experience with electronic medical records
- One (1) year prior experience in a healthcare related field (specifically patient access, insurance eligibility verification/authorization, billing/electronic claims submission, or collection of accounts receivable)
- Computer and/or data entry experience (45 words per minute)
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve western Montana. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 131773