Providence is calling a full time, day shift Clinical Data Analyst for the Institute for Human Caring at Providence TrinityCare Hospice in Torrance, California
on the video link to learn more about the Institute for Human Caring: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p29PCqbF7Mo
Please upload a current resume reflecting all relevant experience.
In this position you will:
- Support the CMO ( Chief Medical Officer ) and Quality Improvement Director to measure the quality of whole person care at the Providence facilities.
- Be responsible for report and dashboard design, data retrieval, report generation, data analysis, statistical analysis, dashboard updates and maintenance.
- Be responsible for supporting a number of projects with varying complexity and reporting requirements.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Information technology background
- minimum 2 years industry related experience
- Strong relational database knowledge
- Strong computer skills ( i.e., word processing, spreadsheets, databases, statistical packages, PowerPoint ).
- Proficient with project design, project management, data entry, data quality control.
- Competent in research skills ( i.e., problem solving, questioning, listening, innovating ).
- Competent in written and oral communication and organization skills.
- Proficient with statistical analysis, interpretations and feedback to clinical managers.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- Experience in healthcare preferred ( hospital, lab, physician offices, etc )
- Bachelor of Science degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Science is strongly preferred
- Six sigma experience a plus
- Ability to write advanced queries using SQL
- Advanced Access database design and management
- Demonstrated ability to graphically display and present analytic data
About the ministry you will serve:
The Providence Institute for Human Caring is leading a transformation of health services to emphasize whole person care.
Dr. Ira Byock, a national expert on palliative care, leads the Institute for Human Caring. Under his guidance, the Institute is working to encourage patients to talk with their doctors and families about what kind of care they want through the end of life. This is the first step toward whole person care.
Most Americans want to spend their final days at home, surrounded by loved ones. Yet about 70 percent of people spend their last days in hospitals or nursing homes. This can deprive patients and their families of the comfort they need at a difficult and emotional time. The Institute for Human Caring believes whole person care can help change this. The result will be better care and support for everyone who is sick, and their families.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Professional & Administration
Req ID: 141387