Providence is calling a Senior Decision Support Programmer Analyst (Full time/Day shift) to our Facey Decision Support location in Mission Hills, CA.
In this position you will:
- This position will provideleadership in the scoping, design, development, and maintenance of various technicalsolutions required in the management of data/reporting and decision-makingtools used throughout the organization.
- This position will seek to streamline and create reporting efficiencieswithin the organization through the use of various systems, softwareapplications and web-based opportunities; Microsoft/Business Intelligenceapplications and Visual Basic will be heavily used.
- Requirements of this role include the ability totranslate business needs into technical requirements and interfacing with clientsand other team members to build custom solutions.
- This position will provide expertise andleadership in the determination of the most appropriate design and tools forthe automated reporting of data.
- This position will require greatertechnical and communication abilities due to the more complicated nature ofassignments.
- This position will also beexpected to demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills viaparticipation in work groups, providing guidance and assistance to other analystsas required.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a technical programming capacity.
- Experiencewith MS SQL/SQL Server 2005, 2008.
- Must have in-depthknowledge of accepted best practices for data mining and analytics.
- Meticulous,with analytical strength and attention to detail.
- Strong trouble-shooting techniques and ableto document processes and maintain confidentiality and integrity of data.
- Ableto handle multiple assignments and conflicting priorities, adapting to changesquickly.
- Able to learn new concepts,systems, and software independently and quickly.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Healthcare experience.
- Experience with desktop programming languages such as Microsoft Visual Basic; web-based applications and portal development (ASP/Cold Fusion); Microsoft Office Certifications strongly preferred.
About the organization you will serve:
Facey Medical Group is a multi-specialty medical group with over 160 physicians providing care to the growing population in the North & East regions of Los Angeles & Ventura Counties. Twelve medical clinics, including two urgent care centers and dedicated women's centers, are located across the San Fernando, Santa Clarita, and Simi Valleys. The group began as a single medical practice over 90 years ago.
Facey is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit 5-state network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, affiliated services and educational facilities spanning from California to Alaska.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Finance & Accounting
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 118365