POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED. APPLICANTS WILL BE REFFERRED AFTER REVIEW OF QUALIFICATIONS.
1. General Description:
(A complete Functional statement is available upon request)
A primary objective of the Primary Care/Specialty Medicine Service Line is to mentor and lead competent, satisfied staff dedicated to providing high quality patient-centered care at the Fargo VA Health Care System (FVAHCS).
Duties of the provider:
* Physician will provide consultation services and follow up of medical subspecialty patients, in his or her designated field, in the inpatient and/or outpatient setting, at the VA Medical center in Fargo, ND.
* The 15 hours per pay period required of a .18 FTE can be worked based on the needs of the service line and candidate. Alternative work hours, if desired, should be agreed upon at the time of joining. On call responsibilities are specialty specific and may involve duty outside of typical business hours dependent upon the needs of the Service Line.
* During the course of employment, participation in activities/committees/boards/ projects pertinent to the sub-specialty may be necessary as dictated by strategic or other initiatives/taskings.
* When working with inpatients provider is expected to participate in discharge planning and other interdisciplinary patient care plan activities. During this time, information regarding patient status should be discussed with the hospitalists and other team members and ensure proper hand off at the end of the shift as necessary.
* Physicians may be assigned duty as a supervising or collaborating physician for a mid-level provider. Physicians are expected to provide clinical oversight and review. Supervising or collaborating responsibilities and performance will be noted in the physician's performance evaluation.
* Providers are expected to act as "surrogates" for the patient's of their colleagues, when one or more of their colleagues are on leave.
* All physicians need to follow departmental and VHA policies for leave and attendance and will work within Title 38 appointment guidelines. Currently VHA guidelines do not permit compensatory time or overtime pay for physicians. However physicians who are asked to work outside their normal assigned tour of duty may request administrative leave for rest and relaxation. Leaves should be requested in advance as much as possible to minimize disruption to patient care services. All unscheduled absences must be properlycommunicated.
* A progress note must be entered on all inpatients on which the medical subspecialist rounds during weekdays, weekends or holidays. Timely documentation is necessary in all areas in accordance with departmental policy. All administrative work should be completed in a timely fashion. The discharge summary may be dictated. All other inpatient documentation should be entered by the physician into the medical record directly via CPRS. Prohibited abbreviations should not to be used.
* Quality of care will meet professional standards at all times.
* All physicians will work within their privileges at all times, unless necessitated by an emergency.
Service: Works effectively within a team environment contributing to the effectiveness of the team to deliver safe, cost effective, quality, timely, and patient focused care.
Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
Board certification or possess equivalent training and experience.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard.This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Heavy lifting and carrying (45 lbs. and over); straight pulling and pushing; reaching above shoulder; use of fingers; walking and standing (up to 4 hours); repeated bending; ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; near vision correctable at 13" to 16"; hearing (aid permitted).
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s): *Resume
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
*Cover Letter *DD-214 *OF-306 *Other(all documents except ECQs)
Please use this checklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1888268.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.
Merchant Privacy Statement Your right to privacy is important. Our organization believes that the personal information you choose to furnish online should only be used to help us provide you with the highest quality services and support. We will not share this information with any other party.
We do not share your credit card information with any outside parties.